Who still visits the forum?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

darui
KG Regular

I am happy because I found this forum
Primrose
KG Regular

Welcome Darui and keep posting!

Do you have any specific growing problems bothering you?
I reckon, between us all, we,ve probably experienced every problem in the book so there,s no such thing as a silly question when it comes to growing vegs!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

A very warm welcome from me too, Darui! 🙂
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum Darui!

Believe me these guys have all the experience needed to answer any question you may have about growing. You note that we also just chat about anything, it's not exclusive & it's very good to have a rant now & again or just alert everyone to some offer or the like!

Pop your general location on your profile so close growers can respond as they will know your area best, mind we will all likely add something from out experience as well, but it will help you home into the most appropriate thing to for you to get success.
Westi
retropants
KG Regular

Welcome darui! Nice to have a new member join us here!
Stravaig
KG Regular

I ran a very big forum (20+ years ago) but the arrival of FaceBook was its death knell. Everyone thought they could run their own little community. OK change happens.

But if people wander off, for whatever reason, the forum won't live/thrive. Perhaps if those who want to save it could commit to starting at least one thread a day... Otherwise people just see "nothing happening" and wander off elsewhere.
Primrose
KG Regular

Stravaig
I think you make a very valid point about level of activity.
If you think about a few people gathered together in a room for a social event of some kind they make an effort to keep conversation going by raising new topics if the conversation starts flagging. People sadly don't seem to make an effort to do this in an online forum because they,re not subjected to the same level of uncomfortable physical silence.

But the reality is the same. If we don't want this forum to die a natural death we all have to become more active in providing vegetable gardening topics with which our community can engage,

Let's face it. Most of us have a long growing history. Between us we ought to be capable of raising plenty of topics which have caused us angst or raised our curiosity over the years.
Westi
KG Regular

I think those on here regularly do try hard to keep things going, but the new forum scared a lot of folk off & on a personal level I still find it confusing trying to find the most relevant topic to post under & think these could be trimmed a bit. Ask the team does not get answered by the team, but we don't like seeing a post unanswered so we do. A good example I think, unless we are the team but that is not clear.
Westi
Stravaig
KG Regular

Is there a Team? I don't think I've ever seen even one of them. Ditto moderators. You never see any of them either - the exception being Peter who is very helpful. Thank you, Peter.
AdrienneRobinson
KG Regular

I’m here, I had a gap for a good while but back now, and enjoying the posts again. Checking pretty much daily and contributing when I can.
darui
KG Regular

I like to seach advices here
Tony Hague
KG Regular

Hello. Just dropping by for the first time in probably years. I don't know if it makes anyone feel better or worse, but IME all forums are on their last legs. One I inherited I've just drawn to a close, no point paying for hosting and a domain name for no posts. What's left are mostly general chat amongst a hard core of friends. Hard for newcomers to make inroads into, even if there are any. One does wonder where everyone went. Facebook is pretty awful these days too.

I just stumbled in wondering what everyone was going to grow stuff in next year when peat finally is outlawed, I remember there being some peat stalwarts here. Maybe for another thread !
retropants
KG Regular

Hello Tony, Nice to hear from you after such a long time :)

We are really trying to keep the posts going on here, it seems to have picked up a bit recently.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I don’t think the forum will ever get back to what it was years ago….just too many social media sites about now!
Good to see you on the forum, Tony….
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome back Tony! It's not what it was but slowly we are getting more folk joining again.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic