If birds think

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

I don't suppose they do think. Most likely they just act on instinct.

Husband went out on the roof terrace to top up our bird bistro, which was getting a bit low on supplies, and very soon after we had more customers.

I'm thinking what the birds might think, "Oh that daft guy has left food out again. Let's eat it!"
"Dig in! It's free food."
"I'll just go and have a sh!t in that water bowl."
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I have been thinking long and hard about this, Stravaig, and after I have seen the way half a dozen Pigeons have been acting over the last few days, I have come up with the conclusion that, they just think about food and sex…..I won’t say who Cook said that reminded her of…😕🙂
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

Sitting in my conservatory most of the day unlike when I’m up and about I was amazed at the size of a sparrow hawk that landed in one of the bushes in the garden it was as big as one of the pigeons we get a lot of maybe it’s grey squirrels it’s feeding on as it was going through one of the bushes near the fence the fence is a motorway for the squirrels
peter
KG Regular

Old Codger?
oldherbaceous wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:23 am I have been thinking long and hard about this, Stravaig, and after I have seen the way half a dozen Pigeons have been acting over the last few days, I have come up with the conclusion that, they just think about food and sex…..I won’t say who Cook said that reminded her of…😕🙂
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now I never thought of that, Peter….😀😀
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

Birds are great problem solvers so they must think. Why are the eyes of various species different? Bat an eyelid watching them through the window and magpies fly away but wave you arms and the blue tits carry on regardless.
retropants
KG Regular

'Our' collared doves try to catch our eye by looking in through the window when their food has run out. They aslo potter up to the door if the woody is eating his food, to ask for a new pile of seed closer to the house, it is quite endearing! The robin, however, flutters outside the back door like a hummingbird to get our attention.
Primrose
KG Regular

Well LImpy, our injured wood pigeon, can almost certainly read the clock. Every time she sees us sitting at the dining room table, she knows it's meal time and is down, peering through the patio window making us feel guilty. if we try to ignore her, she just keeps limping around the patio until my husband has to get up and feed her, or she gives us no peace.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic