British Summer Time

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

According to my calendar (Sainsbury's magazine cook's calendar - a freebie with the magazine) Britsh Summer Time starts on Sunday (26 March). Blimey, I don't feel like we're properly out of winter yet.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Hopefully Spring weather will soon be with us, Stravaig…
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Unfortunately BST is totally unrelated to meteorological weather. It just gives us another couple of weeks to moan about something as you have to move the clocks forward so you end up with shorter bright evenings just when it warms enough to think of getting the garden furniture out of the garage. Or it just rains of course! ;)
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

??
Primrose
KG Regular

This event, whilst welcome for the extra daylight is always a bit of a pain in our house because of the non automatic timer appliances which need adjusting.
When I still drove and had a car the clock was always a hour out of synch for 6 months of the year because it was such a performance to reset it!
My Canadian relatives had their re-set couple of weeks ago while they still had snow on the ground, which must feel a bit weird from a gardening viewpoint.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic