Breakfast in Bed

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

Oh gawd, Mother's Day approaches again. And all the commercial shenanigans aaccompanying it. I don't have children, so I'm not a mother. Husband's mother and my mother both died several decades ago but still we get bombarded with this mother's day stuff.

The flavour this time seems to be breakfast in bed as though this is some kind of treat. I would rather have a mariachi band stomping about my bedroom rousing me from slumber than a badly cooked nasty breakfast. Who wants to eat in bed anyway? No. I'd rather get up, ablute, get dressed, wake up, and then think about eating.

So, this breakfast in bed idea gets a big thumbs down from me, but perhaps you think differently.

The good thing about Mother's Day is the flowers for sale in the supermarkets will be half price the day after. I like that!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Never ever had breakfast in bed, (apart from when I was confined to bed for a couple days in Hospital), as soon as i’m awake in the morning, I like to get straight at it…..😀
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

Just stopped myself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic