Plans scuppered for a bit

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

tigerburnie
KG Regular

That's me home after my op, everything went according to plan, bit sore so feet up time, can't believe hoe big the tommie plants have grown in a couple of days, they'll need potting on next week, I'll just about manage that, light duties for a week.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Burnie, so pleased to hear all went well and may I wish you the speediest of recoveries!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

Get well soon tigerburnie :)
Westi
KG Regular

Pleased all went well - but follow the recovery rules Tiger & don't overdo it!
Westi
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I still have a stent and a catheter, so I'll not be dancing or climbing mountains this week lol, back to have bag removed next week, then back in hospital the following week for stent out, then up to 3 months for recovery they said, so slow and steady, good job I went raised beds and no-dig!!
Stravaig
KG Regular

Very best wishes, Tiger. :)

I hope you're soon back to doing what you want to do.
Primrose
KG Regular

Get well soon tigerburnie. You must be very relieved to have that behind you. Just take things easy for a few days. You,ll catch up with everything in due course.
Presume you didn,t ask your surgeon for a clip of your op so you could add it to your next recording and share it with us ?.??
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Primrose wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:33 pm Get well soon tigerburnie. You must be very relieved to have that behind you. Just take things easy for a few days. You,ll catch up with everything in due course.
Presume you didn,t ask your surgeon for a clip of your op so you could add it to your next recording and share it with us ?.??
I don't even know who did the op, I spoke to the surgeon on the phone and briefly after the op just afterwards, couldn't carry my camera in lol.
Stravaig
KG Regular

This is a really sad story so please don't read on if you can't handle such things.

A very nice guy (quite a bit younger than me) had some health problems and had a stoma bag. I quite often climbed with him (proper rock climbing) and liked him to be the leader. We did a lot of good stuff together.

He found a girlfriend. I was delighted for him. BUT. He just found the stoma bag too much of an embarrassment. And he committed suicide. I was shocked, horrified, devastated. Oh dear, I wish you had talked to me (or anyone) before you did that. What a waste of a clever young life.

No matter how bad things get, there has to be a way forward without that. (Husband's parents also committed suicide so I'm not a stranger to it.) Just don't do it.

Gee that was a pretty weird post. Sorry.
Primrose
KG Regular

Very sad. One has to ask though, how many people have the courage, when relating with people who are struggling, to ask "Does this ever make you feel suicidal?"
If more people worried less about their own inadequacy to deal with response and cared more about getting a difficult conversation going , perhaps fewer of these sad incidents would happen.
Last edited by Primrose on Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robo
KG Regular

Glad all went well for you tiger hope the future douse the same
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Cheers Robo, hope you are doing well too
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic