Covid booster

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

Husband popped next door to the supermarket for a couple of things. Apparently there was an NHS van in the car park offering Covid jabs. He availed himself of the privilege to get another booster.

If you like sticking needles into people it could be quite fun to paint a van as NHS and you could inject all and sundry with whatever you like. I'm sure it was probably OK, but I don't think I'd be so trusting. :o
Westi
KG Regular

They would have appropriate NHS ID tags on as well as the van. They were out & about in vans at the height of it capturing folk & giving out testing kits. This sweep is for anyone who has not had their booster shots such as the homeless. There is currently about 16,000 people with Covid, so it has not gone away & these folk are extremely vulnerable & if not protected they could contaminate quite a lot due to the circle they live among & other folk they encounter when wandering during the day.
Westi
Stravaig
KG Regular

Hi Westi,

I'm not sure I know anyone who hasn't had Covid. I was shielding for a couple of years because I was terrified of getting it and ending up in hospital. After my jabs I was much less afraid - and, yes, I did get it. But it wasn't such a big deal because of having had the jabs. Some of our colleagues have had Covid twice, and still live to tell the tale.

As you say, Covid has not gone away and some people are very vulnerable. And they are likely to contaminate others.

I dunno if you bother with the telly, I like period dramas such as Downton Abbey. They had to go through the "Spanish Flu" pandemic and you kinda think it's a historical thing. It could never happen in our time. And then WHAP! this Chinese plague hits us.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic