Gardening is outside housework - Jack Dee

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

LOL!

In my case the garden isn't even outside. :D

Oops - I initially forgot to post the link.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -housework
Stravaig
KG Regular

We'll get our own house back in August and will have a garden again! Dunno what you can do so late in the season.

I've kinda got used to indoor gardening in flats for the last five years, mainly hydroponics.

What would you do under these circumstances?
Primrose
KG Regular

I have to say I have never regarded gardening as "housework". Indeed it was always my escape from indoor domesticity. I could happily let the dust pile up indoors while being totally unable to ignore the equivalent, ie weeds, springing up in the garden!

Gardening is productive and produces things. Housework doesn't !
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well he is a comedian….😀
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

I didn’t realise he was a member of our community
Primrose
KG Regular

Stravaig
August is a bit late but if you like leafy greens, I,d try sowing Swiss chard as it's winter hardy and the young leaves are great in salads. Giant Fordhook in my view is the best variety with white stems. The coloured stems look,pretty but in my view taste too "earthy"

Of couse you might need the time better rectifying all the things your tenants have done to your garden which need to be sorted out before the Spring growing season !
Stravaig
KG Regular

Hi Primrose,

Thanks. Yes, I like just about any kind of vegetable so leafy greens would be fine. :D

Please don't mention again rectifying what's gone wrong in our garden. We asked several times if we could have a gardener to take care of it. We were willing to pay! But, no. We had to pay a small fortune to have the grass cut by some overcharging wide boys and nothing else. :cry: :evil: Not happy about that at all. I bet the place is in a right horrible state.

£100 a shot just to cut a wee bit of grass and no one could/would take on the garden.

Why do people pay money for an allotment when you've got people like me with a decent size of garden crying out for help?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic