Late Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

The first mow of spring is often fraught with anxiety for many mower owners worrying whether their machine will start. I was glad when we got rid of our " pull chord mower . It was often a nightmare getting it started. I had insufficient pulling power to get it going and ended up needing surgery for an injured shoulder.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I remember you not being able to get your mower started, Primrose…seems a while back now….how the years pass!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Lovely day today & I was planning on finishing a few jobs but got caught out by a neighbour who wanted to chat & chat, then the guy over the road showing me pics of his new dog, loads of pics. Finally a call out conversation with the plot holder 2 plots down. Not to worry the new dog looked dead cute.

Brassica beds at least was completely dug & fed & I moved the paths ready for the double row of Runners so did make some progress! And I took this very good sized Swede, leeks, winter lettuce, spring onions & some beetroots. Rhubarb won't be long either but it is later than previous years so like us has not been particularly impressed with the winter.
IMG_6942.JPG
IMG_6942.JPG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 3946 times
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

I wonder what it is which makes swedes grow to this shape rather than their normal round one ?
Geoff
KG Regular

Almost felt like Spring at times this weekend, not long to the 21st OH!
Clive.
KG Regular

...and this morning, cloud to the floor and it's chucking it down again.

C.
Stravaig
KG Regular

I think Westi stole the Sorting Hat from Hogwarts and has disguised it as a swede so no one can discover her crime.
Primrose
KG Regular

It will officially be Spring in this hiuse when the central heating doesn,t have to go on in the morning to get up and washed and dressed!
Hopefully Robo is keeping warm by doing his daily knee physio repair exercises !
retropants
KG Regular

All the best with your recovery Robo, take it easy :)
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Primrose,

They grow the extra top if you snap the dead leaves off regularly, bit like celeriac. I was advised by a plot holder about this & have had bigger bulbs as well as the extra flesh in the top since trying it, although the skin is thicker in this part there is still a good amount of usable flesh.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic