Spring preparation.

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

snooky
KG Regular

Last round of chemotherapy this week then a C.T. scan and then the Surgeons get their hands on me followed by up to week in hospital post-op and at least three months rehabilitation. To that end I have taken my son-in-law to the allotment and shown him what is to be done.Obviously no heavy digging for me but most of it is done anyway .He has about a third of the plot to turn over in preparation of sowing time.Explained where I intended putting the various crops this year and he is quite looking forward to it.
I shall,of course,be sitting in my chair sipping a cold one supervising him(HA-HA) putting him right if he goes wrong.He has never been into gardening so this experience will get him out of the house and away from his gaming on the computer.
The rehab should take me up to the back end of May so there is plenty of time for me to get stuck in at the back end of the season.Roll on!!!
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Westi
KG Regular

All the best snooky! I'm glad your new under gardener is up for it as it will be handy to have the help (& company), on & off even after your convalescence!
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Snooky, may I wish you all the best and hope everything goes really well for you…..so good to hear you now have an under- gardener, that will make a huge difference to keeping on top of the jobs!

It’s been 3 years since I had my Prostate operation…..and have just come off the phone to the Macmillan Nurse, and since my PSA test are still coming back really low, they have now signed me off….a lovely feeling, I must say.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic