Electricity prices

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

The parcel with the remoska and the other missing items arrived today (an hour after the stated delivery window). I can't say I'm impressed by Evri the delivery company.
Geoff
KG Regular

We call Hermes / Evri "sometime, maybe" - absolutely dreadful but apparently cheap so the suppliers get what they pay for.
Westi
KG Regular

:) :) Obviously the naked man was avoiding the chilled section!
Westi
snooky
KG Regular

A tip from a Motorhoming site where Remoskas are a favourite gadget for use in Motorhomes and Caravans,Stravaig.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Just don't forget to use a home made tin foil cartouche to put on anything with pastry top, or cover for a whole chicken, otherwise you will have blackened charcoal offering.

Just about to try making toad in the hole again, with tin foil lid, the last time in the van, the Yorkshire Pud mix rose up so high it stuck to the heater lid, yes we smelt the burning, but it was too late to save the top of the Yorkshire pud.
Good luck, as said you don't need a recipe book, just use it as a limited space oven, and check on what's cooking often, turning over, or stirring arround as needed.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Stravaig
KG Regular

Thanks for the tip, snooky. I've barely unpacked the thing yet so am not yet familiar with it. I'd not thought the temp would go above 180 C, and I would do my Yorkies at a much higher temp than that. I've not abandoned the convential oven yet, just not using it if it doesn't seem necessary.

Interestingly, The Guardian today has an artcle on the very subject we've been talking about.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/dec/1 ... -power-use
Stravaig
KG Regular

Geoff wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:37 pm We call Hermes / Evri "sometime, maybe" - absolutely dreadful but apparently cheap so the suppliers get what they pay for.
My husband called them "herpes" before they rebranded.

And now just half an hour ago they're asking me for a review of their service on TrustPilot. You gotta be kidding.

Not all that impressed with ParcelForce either. Landlord says we are welcome to have grab rails installed in the shower so we've ordered tham and made enquiries about getting a professional to install them. Our parcel (of grab rails) has not yet shown up and when husband chased Parcel Force apparently he got some meaningless reply about strike action - but it was already out with the delivery people. We'd have looked darned stupid having a tradesperson show up to fit something we haven't even received yet.

Reckon we can just get on to ScrewFit (where we're bought the grab rails) and order some more for click and collect and let them sort sort out the problem with their darned delivery people.

Husband has a day's leave tomorrow so we'll be all over the place trying to do stuff and sort out problems. Not to mention a bit of shopping. Supermarkets and shopping malls are a nightmare at weekends anyway and just before Chistmas...? No thanks. Better to go on a Wednesday.
Stravaig
KG Regular

I see there's an article about Evri on the consumer complaints section of The Guardian website today.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/ ... -my-parcel
Colin2016
KG Regular

It's not all gloom & doom with delivery companies.

I brought a replacement tap from amazon Oct last year, found it leaking last week end so contacted amazon who gave me a full refund straight away. I selected another replacement tap through amazon on Saturday was told delivery would be Tuesday came back from plot Sunday to find it had been delivered.

Now that is what I call service, shame they amazon don't run the NHS or better still the country.
Diarmuid
KG Regular

I'm just as impressed by Amazon. Last night I ordered a whetstone and it's due to arrive tomorrow. That's UK to Ireland.
Don't wait until it's gone, before you appreciate what you have.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic