Is it time we ditched the word gardening?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

"If I see the cook/chef is on the large size I know I am in for a decent meal, not always proved correct though."

Ooh, Colin, you're maybe in the "never trust a skinny chef" camp. Well, I don't agree. For every fat chef you can name I can probably name a better slimmer one. And I'm not even as heavy as a seven stone weakling.

Who of these great chefs is fat? Heston, Michel Roux Jnr, Ramsay, Raymond Blanc, etc, etc. Yeah, I can think of one or two celeb chefs who are a bit chunky but a fat chef just sends me the message that they're not such great cooks or that they have no self-discipline and are just gannets. :twisted:
Colin2016
KG Regular

Yes you could be right, but the meals some of them turn out are not very big no way I would pay for them.

There is a story of that somebody went to one of the posh chefs places (not there any more) and had to stop off at the chippy to fill up on another meal.

On a side note saw a program last they are trying to make plant base sausages at £10 a go?
Stravaig
KG Regular

Dunno why anyone felt the need for a TV prog about "plant based sausages". Veggie sausages have been around for decades. I personally like the brand "Cauldron" but there are plenty of others available, including Linda McCartney, etc.

Did you mean £10 for a sausage or £10 for a packet? LOL

For some bizarre reason prostitution jumped into my head and I asked myself, "Would I pay £10 to play hide the sausage?" The answer was a very determined NO.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Was £10 for a packet but hey who knows could go up with inflation.

Fully agree on proper veggie alternatives and not as costly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic