incinerator protection

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

JohnN
KG Regular

Bright ideas wanted! My dustbin-type incinerator has reached the end of its days so I'm planning to replace it with a similar 90 litre model. But I'd like to protect the bottom and lower walls from intense heat to make the unit last a bit longer. My thought is a kitchen foil layer on the bottom and a kind of "tube" of it to protect the sides - it only needs to last for one burn. Anyone got a better idea, please? Best wishes to all.
Stephen
KG Regular

Can you find a wire shelf from a circular barbeque?

When we took on our allotment in 2006 we inherited a well worn incinerator which lasted until last year. For the last two r three years of its life, I dug a shallow circular pit as there was no longer a bottom to it, this kept it in shape andd enough air got in through the sides.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
williamrechard
KG Regular

Hello, I think foil can easily tear, melt, or become damaged by the intense heat generated during incineration. Instead, you can use ceramic fiber blanket. Ceramic fiber blankets are excellent insulators and can handle high temperatures. They are lightweight and flexible, making them ideal for lining the bottom and lower walls of your incinerator. Ceramic fiber blankets are easy to install and provide effective heat protection.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic