Logon problem

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Allan
KG Regular

I find it necessary to put my full details every time I wish to Logon, despite having repeatedly ticked the box to make it unnecessary. What has gone wrong?
John
KG Regular

Hello Allan
I've found this feature a bit wobbly as well. Occasionally I'm logged on as guest despite having ticked the box.

John
arthur e
KG Regular

Allan,I've never had a problem since I logged on for the first time, I just never log off and when I open TKG I'm still logged on. Do'nt know if thats the right way to go but seems to work OK.
Arthur
Carole B.
KG Regular

I've stopped logging off too but now I've found that the yellow highlighted pages to indicate unread posts don't seem to activate if you do this.
Carole.
Allan
KG Regular

This is an unresolved problem (or two). Doesn't anybody have any idea what is wrong.
Angi
KG Regular

I haven't logged off since I registered, and everything works fine for me, so not sure the problems are consistent.
Allan
KG Regular

I typed in a response just now, having had to log on (it should have been automatic as I have ticked that box many times).
I got a refusal to my message, didn't like Allan as "that name is already in use", so I made it Allanon and it accepted that.So it goes on time after time, I sometimes wounder why I bother.
Allan

The irrational behaviour still exists. It doesn't matter how many times I tick the little square, I still have to fill in username and password every time I use the forum or be branded as an anonymous guest. If I lose connection even for a moment I become anonymous but I always save any messages that I type if I can't afford the time to re-type them. Cut and paste then restores them AFTER repeat of the logon procedure.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
I wonder if this has something to do with individual members computer/service provider settings with regard to clearing of Cookies.??..and or temporary internet files.??

I use various similar forums requiring log in..and on most I use the option to stay logged in which works fine. The only time I have to log in again is when I have had a clear out of the 'puter and cleared "Cookies".

Now I know nothing much about 'puters.. so only my humble thoughts.. and I have no idea what to prod and poke to alter it.!!..should this be the answer.?? and accept no liability if you attempt any poking or prodding of your 'puter..!!

But I do know that mother only keeps one Ginger Nut Cookie in the tin at any one time...and I have not yet found where the main stash is...!!

All the best,
Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic