Wildlife photographs

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

tigerburnie
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:48 pm A lovely deep blue sky, Tigerburnie…..
Yes, had to get out and make the most of it, sure won't last for long
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Primrose
KG Regular

Loved the waxwing photo. Have never seen them in a group in the wild. At our last house on the bank of a tiny river, surrounded by alder tree, we had a solitary semi tame waxwing who used to come into the garden regularly to be fed. It never seemed to have any companions. I wondered if it had once been an pet escapee. Pretty birds!
tigerburnie
KG Regular

We don't get them every year, nor in huge numbers, but they are a welcome visitor and usually indicate that some cold weather is around on the continent.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crC2X-DdHp4

Once again it seems we cannot attach things to this site, if you want to watch a half hour wildlife film, search youtube for my channel ..........................burnie maurins. I won't bother trying to post pictures on here anymore if they won't work. I also have a flickr site where the still images I have taken along with short videos can be found, hope you like them.
Primrose
KG Regular

That's such a shame tigerburnie. Feels like the forum is being slowly closed down via the back door. What's the point of trying of identify plant diseases, unknown pests, insects etc and other gardening issues if you can't post photos of them. A picture is sometimes more effective than a thousand words.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I agree with that Primrose, pity but I think forums are seen as old hat now, yet this forum is a treasure trove of information that you would lose on a facebook or twitter platform, this is like an encyclopedia.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I miss hugely not being able to watch/see your links on here, Tigerburnie….I know I can watch them on youtube but, they had become a very welcome part of the forum and will be missed by many!!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Test post to see if it works
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137198251@N05/ ... ed-public/

and the answer to that is no, it says it cannot be found
Colin2016
KG Regular

If I highlight the full address with https: I get to your site saying "This is not the page you're looking for."
Geoff
KG Regular

To post an address that can be copied and pasted you've got to stop it abbreviating it with dots. I think you should be able to use this for instance as long as you highlight the whole lot before you copy.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/disease/tomato-blight

But one like this you have no chance with

https://www.5-top.co.uk/slug-control?targeti ... kQQAvD_BwE

But if you take off the https: before you post it on here you get the unabbreviated link and copy and paste works, I hope!

//www.5-top.co.uk/slug-control?targetid=kwd-336076806713&matchtype=e&device=c&campaignid=14882745259&creative=550483834965&adgroupid=131741063721&feeditemid=&loc_physical_ms=1006797&loc_interest_ms=&network=g&devicemodel=&placement=&keyword=$best%20slug%20control&target=&aceid=&adposition=&trackid=uk_all_top5_2_1&mId=895-263-6903&gclid=CjwKCAiA-dCcBhBQEiwAeWidtbr_9kgEximgvF06Scu9WmuSfOZ55xVzma4Ck4cFei3vz93SRF5e1BoC1kQQAvD_BwE
tigerburnie
KG Regular

test shot taken a few years ago
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg (84.26 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Colin2016
KG Regular

Can see you ok
snooky
KG Regular

Afternoon Tigerburnie,
Have you ever set up and used a wildlife trail camera?I am looking to treat myself to one to see what is visiting my back garden(probably mostly cats)and allotment.If so,what would you recommend(cheap!!!)as looking at them online I must admit I am confused by the technical jargon quoted by the various makers.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
robo
KG Regular

I’ve tried a wildlife camera to see what night visitors I had on my plot I was hoping to get both types wild and feral rats we have more than a few out allotment is in the roughest part of our town and I do mean rough ,the problem I found was the batteries it used 8 and they lasted one night I tried rechargeable ones but I seemed to spend my days charging batteries
Westi
KG Regular

Are the solar panel ones any better do you know? They still have back up 'normal' batteries as well I believe but I suppose where you place it is paramount. I'd really like one but like snooky it is well confusing deciding. I asked friends online & they rated the ones with the camouflage casing, but you have to take the stick home to download on your computer so you'd need a back up one of these for a start but I think they are pretty reasonable & have huge storage.

I look forward to the replies of preferred ones if anyone using them so I can filter out the several hundred others & just compare these as I would know they were OK.

Cheers
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic