Rouges Gallery.

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Johnboy
KG Regular

Dear Mr Potato Head,
Is it possible to create a Nice and Nasty Gallery of photographs of Pests and Goodies.
I feel sure it would become a definitive work and feel that it would help those new to gardening a considerable amount.
How this would be achieved I haven't the foggiest idea but in essence I feel it should be possible.
What do other Forum contributors think?
JB.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Johnboy what an absolutely brilliant idea. It would make it so much easier for someone to see what pest or disease they had got, and then they could ask for the relevant advice.
It will be very interesting to see were this leads.
It takes a genius to think of a simple idea.

I hope i won't be put on top of the pest list. :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fools like them old fools.
lizzie
KG Regular

Brilliant idea JB. Inspired thinking yet again from you.

I would ask that we could have a Bindweed one that printed off onto dartboard size paper? That way, those of us afflicted with the stuff can let off a bit of steam :twisted:

What do you think about the idea my favourite little spud person?
Lots of love

Lizzie
peterf
KG Regular

Johnboy wrote:Dear Mr Potato Head,
Is it possible to create a Nice and Nasty Gallery of photographs of Pests and Goodies.
I feel sure it would become a definitive work and feel that it would help those new to gardening a considerable amount.
How this would be achieved I haven't the foggiest idea but in essence I feel it should be possible.
What do other Forum contributors think?

johnboy,i bought this cd-rom over 2 years ago from the bcpc.its called garden detective and is a cracking tool they update your disc through the internet regulary.i paid £20 or there abouts and it has paid for itself many times over.they allow you to make 1 copy so you could maybe share the cost with a friend.heres a link for anyone to have a look at http://www.gardendetective.com/ :)
Mr Potato Head

Hmm,

I feel the genesis of an 'idea':idea: here. I'll run it past our editor, Steve. I think a simple online gallery might be a great idea to help people identify pests and weeds in the garden, and how to get rid of them.

In the meantime, you can always post photo's to the weeds, pests & diseases forum!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Mr P.H, hope your keeping well my dear fellow.
I have great difficulty in posting photo's, as i'm a bit of a country bumpkin and just can't get my head round all this technology.
So i hope Steve, who i'm sure is a very kind, helpful and an important person, will give the go ahead for an online gallery. :D
I'm sure you are a very influential person Mr P.H. :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Wellie
KG Regular

No, really, JB I HUGELY applaud you because, every time I encounter a completely strange bug on one of my precious crops, I'm not sure whether to invite it in for tea or tread on it, and it's so ruddy frustrating, the 'not knowing' bit.

I've largely learned sufficient to get by with the disease stuff, because I choose to cut off a leaf or two, or, worse than that, to get the spray out.

We've got a great COLLINS Insect Book (because your parents always buy you one of those until they learn to communicate with you later in life.........)
and it just don't tell you who's the good guys and who's the bad guys.
Trouble is, there are how many zillion billion different insects in the world?
How difficult a book for us gardeners would THAT be to put together?!
What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. The good they do is inconceivable....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic