Yellow mottling on courgettes

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

hilary
KG Regular

Help,
One of my courgette plants bought in a yellow one has yellow mottling on one leaf. Panicked and thought of cucumber mosaic virus and have now noticed that the Ferline tomato leaves are a bit yellow and mottling (only faintly) it is definiely not between the veins, these haven't been planted into the greenhouse border yet but the one which is is OK -so far. Am I right to panic, or will the tomatoes be OK once planted out and fed, they have had one seaweed foliar feed.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!
Thanks
Hilary
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Good morning Hilary, can't quite understand all you have wrote, but english isn't my strongest subject. :oops:
I take it you have bought your courgette plants in, if so it coud be just a difference in temperature and given the plant a bit of a shock.
A lot of plants leaves change colour depending on the amount of sun, so i would not panic yet.
It might pay just to move it away from the others, just to be on the safe side.
With out seeing the plants it's a job to say.

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
hilary
KG Regular

Thanks Old Herbaceous,
Punctuation is obviously not my strong point!
I have isolated the plant and top priority now is to shade the greenhouse in the hope that it is too strong sunlight which is causing the problem.
Regards
Hilary
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic