Pauly Walters

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Franksmum
KG Regular

OK starting a new topic - what's wrong with Poorly Pauly??? Nothing mentioned on BBC website at all.
Who's your favourite underling? We are Boggy fans!!
Tigger
KG Regular

Don't know what's wrong with him, but he sends in the odd message from time to time. One assumes it must be serious as he's been away for so long now.

We like all the underlings, but specially Boggy and Deadly.
Anonymous

I know every so often Tel says 'he will be back', but we miss him terribly.

We have had no explanation why he's not there. I'm sure we're not alone in being very worried.

Quite apart from his cutting-edge wit, and banter, the choice of music has not been as good. He introduced us to the wonderful Eva Cassidy, and many others.

We're not listening while Tel is on holiday. Don't like the geriatric junkie. He has the effrontery to do a 'sport' slot, and also does a newspaper review like a dyslectics convention. (The only reason I know this is that in the beginning, we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Not no more).

I always knew, by the very ethos of this site there must have been other TOGS out there, but this is the first opportunity I've had to come out of the closet.

I hope Tel is right, and that he will be back, ideally, very, very soon.

It's quite upsetting not knowing. I think we TOGs deserve better information. I don't mean being obtrusive, but just a general update would be appreciated.

We really, really miss him, and hope he is well.

With regard to underlings - love em all.

valmarg
Tigger
KG Regular

Soory Val - much as I love Togs corner, I'm a big fan of JW so I'm very happy that he's covering for Tel. Mind you, the Ginger Nut seems to be shaping up well on drive time.
Compo
KG Regular

I'm with you Tiggs Tel is ok but JW is the star of R2, this morning u got the TGIF show in the morning and your right Chris Evans is shaping up, sadly I often miss the allotment slot on JV at lunchtime anyone heard it lately???
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Anonymous

It is worrying why Pauly is not on the programme. I heard a news bulletin just after he went off air saying that a chap (not claiming to be a Delia) was writing a cookery book on roadkill cookery. I thought hello, pauly is taking time off to work on his book.

I think it would be nice to know that he is well.

Sorry Tigger, but I only listen to Radio 2 from
7.30 to 9.30 am. Monday to Friday. After that I go to other radio stations for entertainment. If it wasn't for Wogan I wouldn't listen to radio 2 at all.

Going slightly off thread, if you think Johnny Walker is so great, why do you think he has been sacked by the current controller of radio 2. He has been given the same bums rush treatment as the wonderful gentle giant John Dunne, Ed Stewart and Jimmy Young. They have all been sacked off daytime programmes and sent to the elephant's graveyard of a Sunday afternoon programme. When Ed Stewart was sacked he was also promised the job of filling in for Tel when he is on (one of his frequent) holidays. That didn't last very long. Hope the same will apply for his replacement.

Tel often refers to radio 2 as the coffin dodgers station. This is totally wrong. What it has become is the aging teenyboppers station. What the BBC should have done was to introduce another radio station between radio 1 and radio 2, ie radio 1 and a half. Radio 2 has been totally ruined for us real coffin dodgers.

valmarg
Tigger
KG Regular

Ah - but JW hasn't been sacked. He wants to make the most of the time he's got left on this earth, having almost left it recently. He's traded his London house for a flat and bought a cottage in the Sout West. I know what you're thinking - - I'm a sad soul to have bothered to find out.

Anyway - like you Val, I don't listen to Radio 2 all day either - just early morning and drive time. The rest of the day (when I get a chance, like driving to meetings) it's Radio 4 or a CD.
Anonymous

I don't wish to rabbit on, but the object of this site was to register concern for Pauly Walters, ie the producer of 'Wake up with Wogan'.

I do not wish to be intrusive, I do not wish to be nosy, but I would really like to know that Pauly is alive and very, very well.

I do so miss him!

valmarg
Wellie
KG Regular

Valmarg....

Johnny walker did indeed choose to change slots from drive-time to the Sunday afternoon programme....

Clearly, if you knew the whole story, or appreciated the whole picture, I'm sure you'd post different.

Lots of us out here hugely applaud Johnny Walker, and we simply love him to bits.

He's completely fabulous at his job, he's an interesting interviewer, and he's hugely funny.
He's just taking things, quite rightely, a tad easier for the minute, and we all wish him the best.
Wellie
Compo
KG Regular

I think what you are saying ValMarg is more of Desmon Carrington and Richard Baker, and what we are saying is more of Steve Wright and Johnny Walker, there is a gap in the market, I have a suggestion, Togs to Radio 3 (get rid of that classical stuff, no listeners anyway!!) and then let the baby boomers have R2, bringing back Tony Blackburn DLT et al (tongue in cheek suggestion but it would do for me!!)
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic