Strawberries

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Redfox
KG Regular

I have had a great crop this year from my two 4x1 metre beds. So far I have cropped 14kg. I have made jam, syrup, fruit leather, juice and dried strawberry's. running out of ways to use them. had them with pancakes, ice cream and smoothies.
Who else has had good crops this year?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Redfox, i too have had an excellent crop, even if over the last couple of weeks, they have been rather on the small side, due the the dry weather. The black birds have been taking every opportunity to get under the nets too, although i don't begrudge them a few. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Cider Boys
KG Regular

Strawberries are certainly a feature with this time of year. My own have not cropped very well due to them being old plants grown in the same place for years but the ones that have grown are most delicious. The experts say that you should not grow strawberries in the same soil for more than four years so I will have to plan ahead for next year. Luckily I have old Cambridge type plants that taste lovely and sweet rather than the disappointing bright red strawberries you buy from the supermarkets that taste of water and nothing else. You can't beat a home grown strawberry.

Barney
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic