Plum Beauty

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Daft thing as usual is in full blossom while every other fruit tree is just deciding to break bud! Maybe though with the mild sunny weather & some pollinators starting to show this will be it's year??

One plum in 3 years is not a good show :cry: & that's with protection and going around with a paint brush pollinating it myself! I persevere as that one plum was mighty tasty but it's using up it's chances! Does anyone ever get a crop from this particular plum? If you do is there anything special you do to get it to crop better? What location have you got it? What do you grow with it? Any tricks you care to share?

Westi
Westi
Beryl
KG Regular

Mine is in full blossom too Westie, like you l've only ever had one good crop so far. The frost always gets the blossom.
Attachments
Plum Beauty.jpg
Plum Beauty.jpg (26.2 KiB) Viewed 4505 times
Last edited by Beryl on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Westi
KG Regular

Nice picture - fingers crossed then! They are lovely plums aren't they?

Westi
Westi
Beryl
KG Regular

Sorry it was a rather large photo but yes when we get them they are a lovely plum.

Beryl.
AlexMason
KG Regular

Lovely yellow flowers.......really nice.......
Westi
KG Regular

I got about 20 plums this year - all perfect and delicious - & all gone ages ago! My Victoria is the disappointment this year - worms in everyone! I used grease bands but will need pheromone traps next year as it such a disappointment when you see what looks like perfect fruit & it is ruined.

Fortunately have only found complete worms but my husband did not enjoy finding a half worm. :D

Westi
Westi
Beryl
KG Regular

I always hang the traps up, but I still get some with worms in but not nearly so many. It is still worth doing though.

Beryl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic