Girls - need more time for gardening ?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

I'm with you all the way there Seedling. So the more time I spend at the lottie, the less time I need to spend on housework. I love it! :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
vivie veg
KG Regular

Nobody notices the difference between two weeks worth of dust and three weeks...may be 2 years is pushing it though!
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
Chantal
KG Regular

That's what I have a cleaner for. She does all the surfaces, we keep it tidy and it's easy. However, if it gets in a mess and the allotment is calling, tough.
Chantal

peter
KG Regular

Chantal, that's where the rot sets in. Next thing you'll have a gardener who does all the digging and weeding, while you do the planting and harvesting! :shock:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

oh dear girls,what a gang of sluts you all must be.3weeks worth of dust :shock: husbands having to iron their own shirts :shock: :shock: and having to mind their own children whilst you have a good time at the lottie :shock: :shock: :shock: .what are you girls doing, letting our side down
personally i AM THE DOMESTIC GODDESS and could show kim and aggi a few tricks.
AND IF YOU ALL BELIVE THAT,YOUR ALL DAFTER THAN I THOUGHT :lol: :twisted:
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Deb P
KG Regular

Ironing? What is this ironing thing you refer to? Isn't that what tumble dryers are for? If it doesn't fold up crease free straight out of the dryer it doesn't get bought. Just as well my OH never has to wear a shirt..

My mum would be horrified, she still irons her knickers and tea towells, and has one of those rotary irons for sheets!
Chantal
KG Regular

I couldn't iron my knickers if I tried; although I could practise on my neighbour's huge bloomers if necessary. :shock:

No Peter, I will NEVER ask anyone to dig my allotment, I enjoy it far too much. Dusting and vacuuming however, ugh, you can keep it. I work all week and I am damned if I'm going to spend what little time is left to me doing things I hate when I could be doing something that I love; life's too short. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford a cleaner so I do, it's that simple. :D
Chantal

frantony
KG Regular

My wife and I have a bit of an untidy house most of the time, unless visitors are expected??? then we rush round like mad to clean up. We have my kids at the weekend and they are used to us now, at least they don't get told off about a bit of mud on the carpet, don't throw stones and all that. If it is raining and there's nothing to do in the poly or greenhouses, very seldom I know, then we do a bit of a spring clean, it's surprising what you can do when you get started & work as a team.
Happymouse
KG Regular

Flylady is brilliant if you give it a try. She cuts housework down into bite size chunks which she calls "baby steps" and makes it quick and easy. I signed up for her daily emails which are full of tips and encouragement. I delete all her testamonials which I don't have time to read. Her methods save a lot of time so I can do things I enjoy instead.
Chantal
KG Regular

No disrespect Happymouse, but whilst there is breath in my body there is no way will I let someone else tell me how to clean my house; especially an over enthusiastic American. :shock: I have read about her before in the Telegraph and I did click onto the link you provided but all it did was give me a good laugh. However, we're all different and if this works for you and make you happy with a clean house, then you go for it. :D
Chantal

Mr Potato Head

So what she's saying is that by 'doing a bit of housework' you'll have a tidy house? - Genius!:idea:

Reminds me of a 'book of practical magic' that I saw... one spell was to make you richer... it recommended taking a jar, and every day, you put a penny in the jar and say some random incantation. In one year, you open the jar... an lo - you are £3.65 richer!:shock:

Seriously though, my OH is always a lot more relaxed in a tidy house, so I do my share - mainly by staying out in the garden as much as possible and not making a mess!:twisted:

So - which task do you hate most and least in the house?

I hate: Mopping the floors :x
Don't mind: Ironing (I find it strangely theraputic!) :shock:
fuchsia
KG Regular

I really hate the endless supply of washing I get from the 3 men in this house ,
but do find Ironing theraputic when I get round to it lol
Fuchsia :D
lizzie
KG Regular

I really hate ironing so I make sure there is never more than 45 mins worth to do.

I would also like a break from cooking now and again. My daughter cooks but not very often. My partner can cook but he never does. The last time he cooked me a meal was 9 years ago. I'd just had major surgery and I fancied a lamb chop roast dinner. So, bless him, he made it for me and it was delicious.

That was the last time. When he does HAVE TO cook if i'm ill it will be baked spuds or pasta with cheese. He says i'm much better at it than he is. Ithink he may be just a spoiled little :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

saw your fit husband running down sheil road yesterday,gave him a woolf whistle but he ignored me,think he must of been running after one of the ladies that work there,for his change :twisted:
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
lizzie
KG Regular

Cheeky buggar :twisted:

He'd have the mp3 player on so he wouldn't have heard you.

I'm surprised he payed up, he normally asks for tick :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic