cooking corn on the cob

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Beryl
KG Regular

Corn on the cob with no silk…this is so cool I want to buy corn just to try it. 4Min. per cob, 2 cobs would be a total of 8 min. in the microwave.

This is the neatest trick I have seen in some time. If it does what he demonstrates,
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Yn ... e=youtu.be

Beryl.
FelixLeiter
KG Regular

Shucks.
Allotment, but little achieved.
Kleftiwallah
KG Regular

I have never been so glad my sound card has gone t*ts up than watching this old duffer. Talk about 'padding it out'.

The information in the title could be reduced to ten seconds.

Cheers, Tony.
alan refail
KG Regular

I'd love to know how he got them into that small television. And why did he dial my telephone number?
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Beryl
KG Regular

I know these Youtube things are a bit naff but has anyone actually tried it. That's what I want to know.

Beryl.
Westi
KG Regular

I don't bother buying sweetcorn as it is always disappointing - even prefer to go without when the mice get to my crop first; however this looks a good tip to me as the silks are annoying to remove.

I might just indulge to test this out - won't eat the result just for scientific interest. Doesn't really say but I'm assuming that 4 mins on high would also cook the kernels a bit. So do you reduce the boil time or does it cook them enough or no effect on them??

Anyone know :?:
Westi
Westi
Beryl
KG Regular

I think it might be a bit of trial and error Westi.
Don't think I have ever bought corn either but as you say might indulge just once. I like the idea of it popping out.

Beryl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic