My hands are getting sore!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Yep I'm sitting on them! The temptation is so great to get planting with this glorious weather. I've not done anything vege wise but threw in some out of date flower seeds in the beds that the dogs so kindly cleared and dug for me. They were free on a magazine so nothing lost.

Been on Metcheck to check the long range forecast but all the other gardeners must be on it as it is as slow as anything so not going to risk it with anything else until I get an idea of what to expect.

I'm going to need to bandage these paws soon though!

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Westi, me, always living on the edge, have now got loads of stuff planted.

A risk i know, but i just can not help living a little dangerously. :)

Mind you don't get those bandages a lit too tight, it plays havoc with the circulation. :wink: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

You've convinced me .....what shall I plant?? Love a bit of a gamble to go with my Spritzer!!

X Westi
Westi
Beryl
KG Regular

Westi,
I've put out beetroot, kohl rabi, carrots, and lettuce alll under fleece and today peas with plenty of pea sticks as cover and netting. I know it is still early but as OH says, sometimes it is good to take a chance, you can always re sow again. Oh and the parsnips are through from a late Feb sowing.

It's been such a beautiful day here I couldn't resist.
Beryl.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Beryl, i must be slipping, i haven't sown my Parsnips yet, now i feel i'm getting all behind... :)

Dear Westi, a few of the things like early peas, broad beans, shallots, onions and a few more are fine, and with the soil being so warm, they will soon germinate.
It's when the soil is cold and wet i hold fire, as the seed tends to rot before it germinates.

Primrose
KG Regular

It's always so tempting to take a chance, isn't it? I think here it's the danger of dryness rather than frost which will kill off any seedlings, with a hosepipe ban set to come into force on April 5th.

The chiropractors & physiotherapists will be loving it, with all the people unused to lugging heavy watering cans around, suddenly developing bad backs & needing treatment! Can I sue the Water company? :lol:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That did make me smile, Primrose. :)

I could just imagine them saying, "here comes another watering-can victim". :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic