It's not fair!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin_M
KG Regular

Last week, it was freezing cold, frost & ice.

This week there are dandelions flowering in my garden?????? :shock:
FelixLeiter
KG Regular

No it's not fair. But life isn't fair, and then we die.

I like it when it does this, though, with a good cold snap right at the end of winter because when it thaws, it pretty well goes straight into spring. Crocus and snowdrops have been hiding under the snow and now they're showing their colour. Mind you, the yellow crocus I put in last autumn have been stripped by the birds already. I haven't seen any frog spawn yet but it can only be a matter of days, and then I'll know we've really turned the corner.
Allotment, but little achieved.
Monika
KG Regular

The first frogs returned to our small garden pond yesterday and by today, their number has grown to eight - it usually ends at about 25. Frog spawn doesn't usually appear here until later in the month. It's noticeable that the much larger pond on the village nature reserve which lies in a frost pocket, still has an small ice floe in the middle!

Since the start of the week, blue tits, great tits and nuthatches have been examining the bird boxes in the garden, robins and blackbirds are collecting nesting material and the mistle thrushes are singing. Spring must be on the way.

How about some Spring Bits and Bobs, OH??
Tigger2shoes
KG Regular

I noticed the first 2 mating pairs this morning in my pond , the snow drops , daff's and camilia's are flowering ...think we are nearly there
If I could of done it my way I would of done it by now .......
Colin_M
KG Regular

And on Tuesday night, there was a frog hopping around in my drive.

He obviously thought Spring was here!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic