Snow

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Arnie
KG Regular

No Snow yet, Light frost last night, temperature now -1, the brightness of the last couple of days has gone,overcast and cold with the slight chance of snow later on this afternoon.

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Clive.
KG Regular

2" Snow yesterday morning...the very dry powdery type...and -4.5 on the car gauge as I went in to work. My colleague had seen -10 as he came through the low ground at Willoughby just North of us.

This morning -5C and some very interesting patterns on the greenhouse windows. often they can be very fern like frostings but this morning they were "thicker stemmed" branching patterns.

Clive.
Attachments
Frosted window 4-2-12.jpg
Frosted window 4-2-12.jpg (27.28 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
donedigging
KG Regular

It has just started to snow here :)
donedigging
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Clive, now if you took that to a glass manufacturer, i'm sure you would be on to a winner.....I wouldn't mind having that in my bathroom window, the neighbours would probably be pleased to, as i have clear in there at the moment.. :shock: :)

Snowing very heavily here too, Donedigging, and is meant to be carrying on all night.

Path clearing at the old peoples bungalows tomorrow...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Just rain here which may be worse; likely ice tomorrow and they are not that keen on salting the roads here not that it matters too much as freezes anyway. Sea in the harbour was frozen today which seemed to make the swans very peeved off judging by the way they were hissing at everyone who passed.

Am not thinking a visit to lottie will be on the cards either and quite behind in sorting out the wee jobs.

Westi
Westi
Clive.
KG Regular

Here's another view of the greenhouse this morning and an even "thicker stemmed" frost pattern on the door glass.

Snow has arrived here again after an afternoon of bitingly cold South West wind :?
Another half inch of wetter type snow deposited so far.

Clive.
Attachments
Frost on windows 4-2-12.jpg
Frost on windows 4-2-12.jpg (30.17 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
donedigging
KG Regular

So glad to read OH

Path clearing at the old people's bungalows tomorrow,
At least we will now sleep peacefully that you will be safe when you go out tomorrow.
So kind of Old Codger :wink: :wink:
donedigging
Monika
KG Regular

Lovely crunchy, squeaky snow here tonight. I would love to go for a good walk in it in the dark, but my OH won't let me. He is thinking of my old bones, no doubt.

I love good, powdery snow and that, together with the low temperatures the last few nights, will do the ground a lot of good.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Such kind words Donedigging, :) but don't forget, i,m down your way come Summer. :twisted: :)

Lovely photographs, Clive.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

Light fall.of icing sugar type snow floating on the wind here, but it is settling.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Clive.
KG Regular

Just to correct my thought that it is now wetter snow here...I just opened the front door, shut it again quick too :wink: , and it is blowing about more than I reckoned such that part of the front path is clear of snow whilst it is whipping round into the driveway.....
and -2.3C.

Clive.
alan refail
KG Regular

Very different here: yesterday's rain (your snow!) has gone, it's fine and +6C.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
peter
KG Regular

The view from my door this morning.
Attachments
rps20120205_084124.jpg
rps20120205_084124.jpg (32.18 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Clive.
KG Regular

-0.5C at the moment. Snow drifted about...which it didn't do here at all last year..and hasn't done for many years. Local airfield reports 5" snow.

Clive.
Attachments
Snow 5-2-12.jpg
Snow 5-2-12.jpg (34.52 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
Geoff
KG Regular

We had some freezing rain yesterday then the temperature rose to a fraction above freezing. Odd sleety flurries have left us with a skating rink but no snow. 1.1°C and foggy this morning. Makes a change for us to be better (just) than most.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic