It's all mine :-)

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

donedigging
KG Regular

Thank you all for all your replies it has made very interesting reading.

After Peter , OH and Geoff answers last night, I had thought about it all day and sort of talked myself into just having a single central path, but not really comfortable with where beds would start or stop.
Perhaps it's just me after years of working in confined spaces, perhaps this year i can learn to spread my wings a bit with my paths and if they need moving next year..... :)
donedigging
Johnboy
KG Regular

Because my beds are virtually level with one area falling about 1ft in 90ft so chippings stay where they are put. Over the years pieces of flat rock have worked their way to the surface and these are now employed as stepping stones strategically placed so that I can hop across a bed that is 30ft long instead of having to walk right round it.
I suppose to some this might sound like geriatric gardening (and they are probably correct) but I try to make as many short cuts to carry out my gardening but I never short cut the gardening.
JB.
WestHamRon
KG Regular

donedigging wrote:Thank you all for all your replies it has made very interesting reading.

After Peter , OH and Geoff answers last night, I had thought about it all day and sort of talked myself into just having a single central path, but not really comfortable with where beds would start or stop.
Perhaps it's just me after years of working in confined spaces, perhaps this year i can learn to spread my wings a bit with my paths and if they need moving next year..... :)

Always difficult to overcome deep seated habits. Best of luck.
Thumbs up emoticon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic