Harrogate Flower Show

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Well, we spent a good two hours at the Harrogate Flower Show today and very pleasant it was, too. I had a quick word with our esteemed editor and deputy editor and there seemed to be quite a crowd at their Live Show! I think there were fewer competitors than in previous years (the weather?) but some of the vegetables looked amazing. I am not sure about the "largest vegetable" competition, other than the largest onion which has been a feature of the Show for many years. Somehow, a cabbage with nearly 3 ft diameter looks grotesque!

And the day stayed dry until about 6pm when it started bucketing.

What impresses me every time we visit the Yorkshire showground are the precision stewarding and marshalling arrangements, including the busses from the huge parking area. Works like clockwork.
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

I saw the onions on the TV Monika, that size might suit caterers but a they look a bit large for the family table. :)
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
KGAdmin
Site Admin

If anyone is at the show and captures some video of Steve & Emma on stage - please do let me know :)!

We keep trying to capture them on video, but they're very elusive ;o)

If you have photos from the day, post them here too!

KGAdmin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic