2015 Big Allotment Challenge

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:Peter
I suspect it would have to be interactive though with viewer colour choice

Probably via a £1 per text voting system for a choice of three colours at each change of colour, thst way it could be advert free. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Motherwoman
KG Regular

And some colours would have to be voted off.... can colours cry? Of course they could just run... :lol:

MW
Elaine
KG Regular

We watched it again this week and as Pa Snip says...and I said earlier... we will be watching only to pick it to bits.

And...the growers are still irritating....Smugbloke and Gurninglady in particular. :roll:
Happy with my lot
Pa Snip
KG Regular

And...the growers are still irritating....Smugbloke and Gurninglady in particular

:D Elaine. love it.
Wonder what names the others have/will be given.

Tweegirl for the one wearing the chiffon top and light trousers ?.

Gurninglady seems the most experienced to me, could she be in with a shout, early days.
Last edited by Pa Snip on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Motherwoman
KG Regular

I shall have to watch it now... just to see all these people you keep naming!

MW
Elaine
KG Regular

Gurninglady, is the Oriental lady..is it JoJo??? Their real names haven't registered with me....I'm hopeless with names anyway. :roll: Which one do you mean Pa Snip?

I quite like the Northern (?)woman...Lena??...who doesn't appear to have any airs and graces so far....she seems to be a fairly no nonsense type who knows how to grow stuff.

It would be interesting to see what other names folks come up with!
MW feel free!
Happy with my lot
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Elaine wrote: Another woman was gurning theatrically all the time and I could have wallopped her as well,

:D :lol: Elaine, looks like it was you that first gave that description on your post of January 4th on page 1.
I stand to be corrected but I had assumed it was 'Sandra' that you meant, the more 'mature' of the lady participants.

Jo-Jo strikes me as being 'The Giggler'

I agree with you about Lena, didn't take to her at first but she definitely seems a 'no nonsense, take me as I am' type

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Stopped watching it. Not my cup of tea.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Is the Challenge watching it?

I've been enjoying the gardening programme on BBC2 focusing on a couple of species each week and showing how to propagate them. It has been a good refresher on some plants and given me new ideas on others.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Some liked it , Some loathed it

For the participants it must have taken some nerve to put themselves in front of the cameras and leave themselves open to the acclaim or criticism of their peers and 'expert' gardeners up and down the country

An unexpected winner I have to admit, many congratulations to Rob for his achievement.

Motherwoman
KG Regular

Whilst channel hopping last night I started watching a prog called 'show me your garden', thought I'd get a nice look at peoples gardens...no, it was another competition. With people criticizing what they've planted, should've cut that back, wouldn't plant that... I turned it off and went to bed with a book.

MW
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Morning MW, think that program was possibly originally going to be called
' Three in a Bed'

but someone used a title close to that first about B & B's :)

I cannot relate to that program at all, most of the gardens are nothing I can aspire to as they are huge compared to ours and generally speaking have had a lot of time and or money invested in them.

Motherwoman
KG Regular

First title sounds more fun Pa Snip....
Pa Snip
KG Regular

MW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :roll: :lol:

Each with a good book ? :)

Motherwoman
KG Regular

Well of course... a gardening book, a cookery book and ... oh I see what you mean :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic