Will ye no come back again?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

It's so quiet on the Forum these days - a mere six posts yesterday, and two of those were mine!

So many regular posters seem to have gone quiet or disappeared.

Any ideas how to get back to the lively informative Forum it used to be?
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Alan. You could of course start something controversial. :wink:
Marigold
KG Regular

Very busy here getting ready for and trading at all the Christmas markets and Craft Fairs....
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Hi Alan,

I agree. It's very, very quiet on here. Lots of people looking, but not posting :(
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
MikA
KG Regular

Alan

I think it is probably just natural wastage. I have looked at several forums over the last couple of years with a view to possibly joining but too often if you check latest posting dates they are 3 or 4 years ago so not worth joining.

I also think that it doesn't help if people trying to give advice to questions from their own (maybe limited) experience are chastised by people with a different point of view and loud voices. Viewers may decide this is not what they want.
Monika
KG Regular

I am doing my best, Alan!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well i'm prepared to continue doing the lively bit! :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Jude
KG Regular

Well, I'm still here Alan. Just haven't had much to talk about lately. Trouble is if I need to know something I can nearly always find an answer by searching old posts. I have ordered a couple of fruit bushes today which is quite exciting :roll:
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I thought things were a bit quiet too, but haven't had much of a gardening year with concentrating on decorating and home improvements. My son has also been home for two months this summer and had his computer attached to my computer cable so I've been more or less computerless.

Getting back into the swing of things again now though and having a leaf raking session this morning - might even cut the lawns if they are dry enough.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Think everyone's so busy these days. Even I don't get chance to look over the posts as much, and certainly don't get time to scan the BBC news headlines like I could do during a lunch break.

Plus its a slow period for growing in general, even with this weird warm weather! (had to cut grass -again-!)

That said if anyone has any suggestions (like seed swaps, competitions) they fancy - then do let me know!

KGAdmin
The Mouse
KG Regular

Marigold wrote:Very busy here getting ready for and trading at all the Christmas markets and Craft Fairs....

Oooh, you've got me interested now - I am poised to take the plunge into selling at craft fairs myself. What do you make/sell?
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
freddy
KG Regular

MikA wrote:Alan

I also think that it doesn't help if people trying to give advice to questions from their own (maybe limited) experience are chastised by people with a different point of view and loud voices. Viewers may decide this is not what they want.

You may well have hit the nail on the head
The future aint all it used to be
Mike Vogel
KG Regular

Sorry Alan. Too busy with school governance and recovering from my chemotherapy [which has for reasons too boring to mention caused me to have very little energy for about a month or so]. It did not work as well as was hoped and I am now on a new wonder drug whose effects have not yet been assessed, but we are optimistic.
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Mike, when i was thinking of people i hadn't seen on here for a while, your name was one of the first that came to mind.

I hope the new wonder drug, lives up to it's name for you.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
macmac
KG Regular

evening everyone,I'm still here just a little quiet :)
sanity is overrated
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic