Care of Gardeners Hands

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

Tigger, anything he can supply, I can supply too - do not let yourself be corrupted!
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Jude
KG Regular

I've got a very good friend who always gives me Crabtree and Evelyn Gardener's hand soap and hand therapy cream for my birthday in large quantity- it really is quite good. I also only use cold water for getting the earth off, but I found this out for myself by accident really, it does work. What I do find difficult, though is getting stains off my right thumb after preparing loads of veg ready for freezing or whatever as I seem to cause a lot of damage to the skin with the knife and I just can not do it with gloves on (as the actress said to the bishop).
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
Tigger
KG Regular

Would that be fine plants then........? Sorry....... Creep.......Sorry......
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Pray tell where are you going to get 10 sherrifs from and in addition Mrs P not allow me to be chopped into chops (again).

Also I can pm everyone if I find out when your on Gardeners world. :twisted: :twisted:
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

Hmmm, GW could cause me the odd nervous breakdown; however, I think I'm safe and we're on the cutting room floor. I just need the 10 people to hold you down; leave it with me... :D
Chantal

pigletwillie
KG Regular

Are you certain its on the cutting room floor, really certain. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Kindest regards Piglet

Chantal
KG Regular

Pretty confident. :D
Chantal

pigletwillie
KG Regular

you wait until the autumn when monty digs his tatties up, You will become a celebrity sherrif.
Kindest regards Piglet

peter
KG Regular

Piglet, you make assumptions "unlike your office-wallah girlie soft hands.". :cry:

As I sit here in the office I look at my paws resting on the keyboard and if any girlie had such hairy backs to her paws I would either run a mile or put her on a lead and take her for a walk! :twisted:

Anyway, give me a week off work to get on with the garden and my paws might just give yours a run for their money. :wink:

In all seriousness marriage causes a problem, the wedding ring causes a semi-permenant callous on the left hand several times the size of the similar flex callous on the right hand, seems to prevent the flesh moving as easily.

Regards, Peter.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
pigletwillie
KG Regular

I get that as well Peter and have to lop it off with a small pair of scissors, try as I might to get soft silky hands ready for Grock they always stay dry and rough.
Kindest regards Piglet

peter
KG Regular

I though Grock liked them rough?

Or is that her men rather than their hands. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry Grock.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Deb P
KG Regular

I have a jamjar full of a mixture given to me by a friend who used to work at an airport, where apparently they use ground up peach stones to blast dirt off the landing lights without damaging them. Its a mix of almond oil and the ground peach stones, you use it without adding any water, then rinse it off and it removes any ground in dirt, even engine oil, and leaves your hands really soft afterwards too!
PT
KG Regular

I found GOOD OIL a cold pressed hemp oil the best. it's a cooking oil for pasta, salads, etc. I find it better than the body shop hemp cream, the oil absorbs quicker. I heard on the radio it helps stop Eczema,or Psoriasis, or both, from itching.
"One of the healthiest ways to gamble is with a spade and a packet of garden seeds"
lizzie
KG Regular

Peter,

Grocks easy either way when it comes to the softness of the pinkies/talons/paws/trotters etc.

So long as they'll do her a fry up she doesn't mind :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
nog
KG Regular

I use the same stuff that I put on the compost. It is always warm and comes with its own unique dispenser. Its free and Sterile. Then a quick was off under the stand pipe. You have to do this or your chips taste too salty for some reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic