Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

nemo
KG Regular

after reading the september issue this recipe works every time

ingredients
l
1 kg sure set jam sugar
233 grams trimmed and seeded red peppers
14 g of trimmed chilli peppers remove the seeds if you dont want the jam to be very hot add more chilli peppers if you can take the heat
225ml cider or wine vinegar
225ml water

method

cut up the red peppers remove the seeds cut up the chillies a bit, remove the seeds or leave them in your choice .put them into a blender with the vinegar.blend to a puree.put the puree into a sauce pan rince out the blender with the water then put it into the sauce pan also.bring slowly to boiling point and simmer for five minuites to cook the peppers puree.stir in the sure set sugar and continue stirring until the sugar is dissolved.. bring to the boil and boil vigorously for the amount of time recomended on your sure set sugar pack .mine i boil vigorously for 1 minute.put the jam into warm sterilised jars and cover with sterilised lids as you would for regularjam making

serving suggestions

serve as a relish with omlets,fish dishes,chicken or vegetables.
i mostly use it with pan fried duck brest
and with hake fillets that we crumb and pan fry
this chilli jam is delicately spicy and slightly hot, a unique flavour
this year i have made a extra hot version using 25-30 grams of home grown hot chilli peppers
enjoy

regards nemo
Westi
KG Regular

Thanks for the recipe - I love Chilli Jam but my recipe doesn't puree the peppers so this is great as much quicker. It is highly addictive isn't it - I put a spoon full in pasta sauces - livens up the tomato base.

Westi
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Thanks for this. I've got a chilli sauce recipe but won't have as many chillis this year as last, so a recipe which bulks it out with some peppers as well will be very useful.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic