Compost bin from council has arrived!!!

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

CatBud
KG Regular

The compost bin I ordered from the council has arrived today along with an 'how to' guide! I only ordered it on the 10th of April so really chuffed with quick delivery! However, not moved into my house yet to getting frustrated as there are so many gardening jobs I could be doing. Maybe the current owner wouldn't mind if I popped round and started clearing the garden!!! :lol: hehe

Does anyone know if there is a similar scheme for water butts?
Tigger
KG Regular

Catbud - I posted the address for a good (and economical) water butt supplier. Let me know if you can't find it.
John
KG Regular

The 'dalek' bins are excellent for covering rhubarb! Just place over the roots early in Spring and drive in about tree canes around it to stop it blowing away.
See if you can get an extra one.
John
nog
KG Regular

Have a look at this: Water Butts for £12

http://www.southernwater.co.uk/homeAndL ... ttSale.asp
PT
KG Regular

I got 3 of the black plastic "Dalek" compost bins, 2 at home 1 on the plot. I find them to small for composting on the plot. As John said they make good rhubarb blanchers. I taped up the vent holes, and put in lose straw. Some of the stems are 2' long+. I just love blanched rhubarb.
"One of the healthiest ways to gamble is with a spade and a packet of garden seeds"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic