Stollen help please

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

lizzie - perhaps that why your dad bought her marzipan stuff. He knew it was the only way any treats would be kept out of the thieving hands of children !! In our house it's always the Coffee Cremes that are left in any chocolate box as I can't stand them. My favourite gift box of chocolates would probably consists of marzipan chocolates and chocolate covered Brazil nuts. I'm surprised some enterprising chocolate manufacturer hasn't yet gone into the online market to make up tailormade boxes of peoples' preferred chocolates.
Colin_M
KG Regular

Johnboy wrote:With Christmas Cake I always take the Marzipan and Icing off the cake and have grandchildren fighting over it!

Hi JB, if your grandchildren would like the the icing, I wil happily have the marzipan and leave you with as much of the fruitcake bit as you like.

Different gravy indeed :)
Primrose
KG Regular

We finished our stollen loaf off after Christmas lunch, instead of opting for Christmas pudding. Heated in the microwave with a splash of brandy and some cream it was lighter and more digestible than pudding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic