Festive talk.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thought we could pop any thoughts we have, on here.

Went with cook to our local farm this morning, to pick the turkey up.
Now i was quite surprised to see that it was nearly all men doing the collecting.
Do you think it is something to do with man being the hunter from many moons ago, or another reason?

Any other festive talk just pop it on here. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
snooky
KG Regular

Won a bottle of something(whiskey?) in the Christmas raffle at the club where I play skittles but not able to collect it yet as it is too naughty to drive on the the street in which I live.Packed snow turned to ice and like a skating rink,already been one near miss.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
richard p
KG Regular

my mrs has refused to drive anywhere for a week.... something to do with the inch of ice on the road...im beginning to feel like a taxi driver
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Been another busy night.

Signed, Santa. :)

Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Off to South London in about an hour, for a day of festive fun and frivolity :D
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
alan refail
KG Regular

Dim Siôn Corn yng Nghonwy

No Santa in Conwy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12076264
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now that's a shame, maybe they should have invited the real one. :)

alan refail
KG Regular

Wills is at work today keeping North Wales safe :) :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12078200
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

After a very enjoyable, but very long day, so late to bed, but when i saw that England were doing very well with ball and the bat in cricket, i woke cook at 5am to tell her, but she didn't seem that interested, how strange. :)

Monika
KG Regular

I heard the cricket score on the news this morning, very impressive.

Foggy here this am, but we are going deep into the Dales to deliver my son back to his humble abode in the sticks - no trains or buses today and by tomorrow we shall probably be snowed in again.

Happy Boxing Day!
Primrose
KG Regular

Our street is like a skating rink and even the gritted roads have an icy sheen in places. It felt very Christmasssey walking back down a little footpath covered in thick snow with our torches after the midnight service hanging onto each other for dear life. Unfortunately there was thick ice underneath and my OH slipped and fell. Don't think I can blame it on overdoing the communion wine! Luckily no harm done, but but it does make you realise how one unfortunate slip could end up with being in plaster and out of action for weeks. It's frustrating because right now, the sun is shining and a walk in the fresh air would be very welcome. I'm going to have to treat myself to some of these "gripper" things that you can slip on over your boots and shoes, which dig into the ice for a better grip.

A favourite breakfast this morning - toast spread with poultry leftovers, savoury stuffing and stock jelly.
alan refail
KG Regular

Primrose wrote: I'm going to have to treat myself to some of these "gripper" things that you can slip on over your boots and shoes, which dig into the ice for a better grip.

Go ahead, Primrose, and you'll ensure we've seen the last of the snow and ice :wink:
lizzie
KG Regular

Primrose........ I have those spike things for my shoes (a fall could be catestrophic for me) and they are fabulous. Just give you that extra grip on the ice and are well worth the money. It's like an ice rink here too. Even the grit has frozen over.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Catherine
KG Regular

Primrose we have some Khatoola spikes for walking. They are superb, really good for the snow and ice. We bought them last year and used them time and again. We bought my MIL a pair of Due North every day traction aids by Get-a-grip. There are 133 comments on the website of which there is only one negative response. My MIL had a fall two years ago and broke her leg and has been very nervous about going out in the ice. Now she has no problem. Have a look on the website. They cost about £18. Our's were about £40 but are more suitable for serious walking in the fields hills etc.

Monika I hope you managed to get there and back yesterday to deliver your son back home. :)
Monika
KG Regular

Thank you, Catherine, yes, we did. The main roads were clear and, what was best of all, there was very little other traffic!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic