Warming Banana & Date loaf

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

garden_serf
KG Regular

I had some dates left over from Christmas and some ripe bananas. Decided to use them up today.
There was also a wee dram of single malt left in a bottle in the cupboard. (only about 30ml).
I pitted and cut up the dates and soaked them in the single malt for 3hrs.
Made the Banana & Date loaf in the usual way and it has worked a treat. It has an extra 'warming taste' coming from the whisky, even though you can't really taste whisky.
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
Bren
KG Regular

Garden-Serf that sounds lovely,I could just enjoy a slice of that now with my cuppa, I make a banana and raisin loaf next time I will add a little oisca baha (whiskey) to it.
Bren
garden_serf
KG Regular

Bren, Just saw your reply ....
(I don't seem to be getting emails to let me know about all of the ones I am subscribed too, only about half of them).

The next day I iced half of it with a lemon icing and sent it out to site for the boys (painters painting a bridge) to eat on their break.
It saved me eating it all !(fat smilie).
I got some glowing accalades so was quite chuffed. They wanted more!!!

Hope your turns out ok when you try. You could soak the raisins in the whiskey. Let me know if you remember.
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
G.Fruit
KG Regular

Sorry am new to this forum, and just looking through some old threads. I know a great banana cake recipe, and I´ve always found if you add pear, apple and white chocolate,even a dash of some gold scrap will make it so much more than a banana cake! But I´ve never tried soaking dates in whisky...will definitely be giving that a try!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic