Russian Farmer

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

snooky
KG Regular

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8512173.stm

For those of us who are plagued by the criminal and vandal element,maybe we could take a lead from this Farmer :evil: :evil:
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
The Mouse
KG Regular

snooky wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8512173.stm

For those of us who are plagued by the criminal and vandal element,maybe we could take a lead from this Farmer :evil: :evil:

I wonder if he styled himself on Tony Martin. That approach didn't do either of them much good, unfortunately! :x
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
Elaine
KG Regular

Strewth, that's a bit strong.....I think my husband has the same tendencies. Our two motorbikes live in our garden shed and are much prized. One is a gleaming 17 year old custom Chopper which looks like it's just come out of the showroom, the other, a 1959 Panther which was bought as a barn wreck and has been lovingly restored by my husband.
We had three break ins, one of which, the thieves actually managed to get the Panther out of the shed...thankfully, neighbours disturbed them. Ken says they wouldn't have been able to kick it off, that isn't the point though. After that episode, he wanted to wire the shed door to the mains!!! :shock: :roll: He was quite keen on that idea until I pointed out that I might forget about it....I know I like to straighten my hair but not in that fashion! :shock:

Instead, he rebuilt the entrance, removing the doors completely, welding in metal frames which hold a single wooden "door", that has to be man-handled in or out, and bolted from the inside. There is also a system of metal bars behind this, welded to the frame, so if they managed to get in via the "normal" door, they would have to make a lot of noise and expend a lot of effort to get in and still not be able to get the bikes out. The normal door is like Fort Knox too. It's a hell of a performance when we want to go out on the bike but at least, there is the security in knowing the beloved bikes are safe. We also have a baby monitor inside the shed and the receiver in our bedroom, which has earned it's keep when alerting us to prowlers...even if it was only a mouse on one occasion! :lol:

It saddens me that we have to go to such levels to protect our property and it is no wonder some people are driven to such extreme measures.
To think, it's only a matter of forty years ago, that folk could leave doors and windows unlocked, with no fear of thieves. :(
Cheers.
Happy with my lot
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Elaine, you mentioning the Panther reminds me of a cartoon i once saw in a magazine.
It was just entitled, "Panther owners club" and had a cartoon picture of half a dozen blokes with one leg that was about ten times larger than the other. :)

What bike is the chopper by the way?

On about thefts, a lady that i work for was saying, that her Brother and a friend had there motobikes stolen from a workshop, and the friend saw his bike for sale on ebay a few months later. The police did catch the thief, and he had got stolen property at a lot of different addresses.
Let's hope he gets more than 20 hours community service. :evil:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Elaine
KG Regular

Hi OH. I have seen the cartoon.... :lol: :lol: :lol: (Ken is a member of the P.O.C.) and seeing the effort the beautiful Panther requires to kick it off.....well!
As for the chopper, It's a Kawasaki EN 500. Absolutely beautiful. 8)
Cheers.
Happy with my lot
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

You're about early Elaine, was it your night for shed patrol. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Elaine
KG Regular

Not likely OH! :lol: Just one of my late nights....I'm a bit of a night owl! :wink:
Happy with my lot
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic