A grand Easter!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

What a lovely Easter weekend this has been, weatherwise! We spent the last three days on the allotment in almost unbroken sunshine with temperatures up to 18 degrees and a very light southeasterly breeze - ideal weather for setting out all the seed beds, hoeing, planting and the first tentative sowing. Wish the weather would stay like that for a bit but, no doubt, it won't!
seedling
KG Regular

Lucky you Monika

Today was the first dry day we have had in Rugby. The last 3 have been cold and either drizzling or raining. Seemed to be a real split across the country.

Anyway managed to get peas, sweet peas and broad bean plants in today along with a row of carrot seeds and a row of beetroot. :D

Seedling
Clive.
KG Regular

Rather damp and grey skies on the East Coast...giving me more time to listen to watery "wireless"....http://radiocaroline.servemp3.com/ from the dear old Ross Revenge in Tilbury..

Ground too wet to really get on...which is actually good as it has been a rather dry time of late....

The Sun at last appeared and warmed things up at about 3-30pm today..and set a few Bees in motion amongst the Plum/Gage blossom...which was good to see.

I did get one job done that has been pending for a long while...grease the chains on my old Atco mower....a sort of a cobblers kids shoes state of a machine :oops:

A very different weekend to the last one..when we had absolute warm sunshine..and last Sunday visitors flocked into the plant fair at my work...When booking the date, booked last year, we certainly got that one right and acheived record attendance. :)

It was my Dads birthday this weekend....I bought him some baler string...11150ft of it....an in joke..ref his careful saving of every last bit of baler twine he comes across. :wink:

Clive.
snooky
KG Regular

Spent the last four days in Aldershot sorting out a bits and pieces for my daughters forthcoming wedding.Weather overcast and damp, whereas,back home the weather was good.Know where I would rather have been.My pocket hasn"t stopped saying "ouch!!"
Seriously,the wedding plans are well in hand and we are hoping that the weather-god will be good to us on Melanie"s day in October.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Like Seedling, this afternoon was the first sun we have seen all weekend, and before.
Did manage to get one of the big lawns cut for one of my customers this afternoon, but i didn't manage to do the other one, what was a bit of a shame, as they were having a croquet tornament at lunchtime.

I think there are going to be some big showers about for some of us in the coming week.

Dear Clive, please pass on my belated best wishes to your Dad for his Birthday, thanyou.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Johnboy
KG Regular

You poor old lot. Just for once we have had a magnificent Easter.
It has been several days of wonderful sunshine all day long here.
The strange thing is that as the cow flies Rugby is not really all that far yet poor Seedling and one presumes Chantal have had entirely different weather system.
Just to pile on the agony Seedling I have actually got sunburn on my forehead!
JB.
Geoff
KG Regular

Had to dig out my sun hat today as yesterday my extra Vitamin D generator got rather red and tight. Looks pretty good for a while up here.
donedigging
KG Regular

This was my weekend :wink:

donedigging
alan refail
KG Regular

Splendid weekend here, too :)
The first Easter weekend of totally good weather I can remember for a long time. Air frost Saturday and Sunday mornings, ground frost yesterday - followed by warm sunshine. I kept an eye on the forecast for other parts and my thoughts were with those of you under the clouds :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

No wonder it was so nice for you lot without cloud, you had two suns to warm you, if Donediggings photo is anything to go by. :)

Dear Alan, thank-you for your thoughts, as long as they were nice ones. :)

Glorious here at the moment, and thats with just one sun.

alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Dear Alan, thank-you for your thoughts, as long as they were nice ones. :)

Glorious here at the moment, and thats with just one sun.

Dear OH

Only the nicest thoughts, I assure you :D

It's raining here now, with no sun :(
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Sorry to hear about your rain. :lol: :lol: :lol: How i wish my thoughts were as pure as yours Alan, alas. :)

alan refail
KG Regular

Rain very welcome actually :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Alan, of course that was what i was hoping you would want. :)

Malk
KG Regular

Belated happy holidays to all,

Had family things on most of the long weekend, but got out to the plot yesterday and planted some of my potatoes and potted on three tomatoes and a bunch of purple sprouting broccoli and sunflowers. Harvested some leeks that never really did much last autumn and a bit of broccoli from my two surviving PSB. I never have much luck with them.

The sun was on and off here, but it stayed dry for the most part and warmish, so the kids enjoyed playing outside most of the weekend and we got to hide our eggs in the garden.

Hope no one's return to work today is too harsh.
Welcome to Finland!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic