Meeting up

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

David
KG Regular

Hi all

I ve notice from the posts that some of you know each other, is that a fact and where do you all meet up?

Ive checked the press for Mad Hatters Tea parties - that would be most appropriate huh?

I probably wont get told now will I?

D
pigletwillie
KG Regular

A few of us, namely Chez & hubby, Chantal, Tigger & hubby, Johnboy and we piglets met up at the Garden Organics potato day in Coventry at the end of January.

We are meeting up again with others at the Malvern Spring show (Sunday) where we are all going to bring items for a feast and extra plants to swap. We will probably do similar things at other shows and events during the year.

Most of us are part of "the chatterbox gang", named thus as we probably post 30% of the total messages between us.

Anybody is free to join in but a slight lean towards madness and a good sense of humour is a prime requisit.

Now Chantals a Sherriff (moderator) we will probably tell her the wrong tent to meet in and then sneak off :twisted: :twisted:

Blimey, have just found out Tigger is a Sherriff as well now :shock:
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

Tigger, make a note that Piglet has ANOTHER black mark against his name.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

Does that mean he is now a Gloucester Old Spot Piglet? :twisted:

Covered in black marks.
Tigger
KG Regular

It means he's getting close to being pork chops!

Great picture Peter.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

less of the old. Anyway

neither of you Sherriffs are big enough to hold me down to cut me up into chops, besides I can run faster than both of you. Ha :D
Kindest regards Piglet

peter
KG Regular

Thanks Tigger.

What do you get if you put my dog in the sea?

The quickest exit you've ever seen, followed by a dog with a marked reluctance to go near her owners wife, who is usually the one who drags her in :evil: .
peterf
KG Regular

pigletwillie,correct me if im wrong but that little pork sausage on your avatar looks like a tamworth to me,its been a while since i worked with pigs but he sure looks like one to me :lol:
pigletwillie
KG Regular

It sure is Peter, a rare breed, just like me.
Kindest regards Piglet

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Piglet seeing that pictue of that tamworth, reminds me of when i used to be in the building trade. I was doing some brickwork on a farm and one of the farm workers was doing the labouring for me.
He was a really good laugh, but one day he started to call me Tammy. I asked him what that was all about, and he reckoned i looked like a tamworth ginger pig, i told him that was probably true.
The next day he came in to work with a cartoon drawing of a tamworth pig building a brick wall.
I got it framed, and it still hangs in my house now.
So every time i see or hear about a tamworth i often think about that old farm labourer. I wonder if he's still alive ?

Kind regards an old sentimental Old herbaceous.

It will either rain or get dark.

I'll get my maps out and see where Malvern is.... will I need a passport?

I'm down in the sunny south - any shows down here?

David
the grock in a frock

well hun just hered the news,well done!and ay piglet ,ye might be able to run from chaz and tigger,but ye not fast enough for the grock :twisted:
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Well you would run from Chantal and Tigger, but what makes you think that I would run from you Grock, honey :shock: :shock:
Kindest regards Piglet

Tigger
KG Regular

Now, now - down Piglet. Grock's only just got her PC working again - don't want any blown fuses or erruptions. Lizzie has to pick up the pieces and what would Allan say?
Sue
KG Regular

Hi David - I dod put a post out a while ago about a meet for the southerners, but didn't hear much back. My suggestion was to meet at a garden reknowned for veg like West Dean and we could maybe book in advance and get a tour by the gardeners or something.

In the south there are the RHS shows - Hampton Court would probably be the best best as far less crowded and hassled than Chelsea.

Malvern is a hike for me too and I think I'm working that weekend, but the gang's idea of a meet up/come picnic/come plant swap sounds good so if anyone wants to do version down here I'm interested.

Alternatively - what about BBC Gardeners World Live at the NEC. That's fairly central. Mind you Alan T is usually there so we might have to watch the Grock :shock:

Sue
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic