enviromesh

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

kranser
KG Regular

Does enviromesh provide all of the benefits of an unheated poly tunnel? Or is the material thinner and not as warm as a tunnel?

Can you grow greenhouse/poly tunnel crops (like cucumbers) under an enviromesh, or does it not provide the same kind of surroundings as a greenhouse?

BTW: I know that an enviromesh mainly keeps bugs out - but I was wanting a comparison against that and a poly tunnel.

Thanks,
Kranser.
Chris
KG Regular

Hi kranser

Enviromesh is a fine mesh that is excellent for keeping insects like carrot root fly from getting to your cropss. I made a mini mesh tunnel 3 years ago and since then have had the best carrots in 30 years. Also used it this year to keep cabbage white butterfly at bay.

But to answer your question - although it will give good wind protection it is not an alternative to a big or small polytunnel or to a glass or plastic cloche. I don't think it will give you much advantage for crops such a cucumbers that need the extra heat.

Good stuff - but not a panacea
Chris
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic