Prepare for the worst?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

An interesting warning in the Guardian today - with some useful links to the science and the scientists.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Looks as if i will be growing Bananas on the allotment in a few years then, how exciting. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

I'm afraid I disagree with many of these scientists for you and me, Alan. I don't think they are taking enough account of the fresh water coming down from the melting Arctic disrupting the Gulf Stream. I'm expecting more wind and rain particularly here in the West.
Johnboy
KG Regular

The strange thing in all this is that on the Doom and Gloom programme on BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday afternoon they actually said that overall the temperature has actually fallen over the last ten years in the UK.
The scientists talk in probabilities which is another way of saying 'Guesstimates' and then scare themselves with the figures that come up with.

From the Guardian.
"There is no science on how we are going to adapt to 4 degrees warming. It is actually pretty alarming,"

I have no doubts that the world is warming up but by how much and in what time scale even the Scientists don't really know, yet they come out with such alarmist comments.
All these conflicting comments succeed in doing is to confuse the public who promptly dismiss it all because it is all too much for the normal person to comprehend.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic