KG April is here!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

LakeView
KG Regular

My April issue arrived today. Yes, Early Nantes 2 Carrot seeds. And blueberries on the cover! I can't wait to read it!
Anonymous

Well, I can wait until Thursday when it will be for sale in the local shops.

It may be more expensive to buy the magazine at the newsagents, but at least it is much, much more reliable than the subscription method!!

Have you all got your March issue?

Sorry, but as the old school report used to say "must do better".

valmarg
Chantal
KG Regular

Mine arrived yesterday and this is the first issue of my new subscription so 10/10 from my neck of the woods. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
ken
KG Regular

I haven't got my April issue yet but experience suggests I should get in tomorrow or in the next day or two. Over the last three or four years I've had no trouble whatsoever with subsciption copies of Kitchen Garden. Unlike my experience with an American art magazine I also buy, which at best reaches me six weeks after it goes on sale in the US, and sometimes even longer...
Mr Potato Head

Just out of interest... are you all aware, that you can buy single issues and subscriptions to a digital edition of KG? - It's cheaper than the paper version and you'll get it on the day of publication - great if you live overseas, or have a serious storage problem! 8)

If you're interested to see how the technology works, you can go to www.zinio.com and try a number of free magazine downloads...
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Oh dear! I renewed my subscription last month. Is the on-line version is cheaper than the offer - the price is quoted in dollars for the overseas version so I am not sure?
Mr Potato Head

There's an excellent currency convertor at www.xe.com - which will tell you that...

$45.00 = £25.6582

At current rates...

It's a US company (UK subsiduary launches soon), so you will pay the dollar price when you buy. I'm not sure about everyone, but my debit card doesn't 'charge' me for conversion to dollars, but mysteriously, I never seem to get quite the same rate...
vivie veg
KG Regular

I was thinking of taking out the digital subscription but realised ONE HUGE DOWNSIDE....I can't take the computer to bed!
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
Carole B.
KG Regular

My April KG didn't drop through the box till Friday 3rd,a day later than in the shops! At least the postie's got the hang of not letting the mail drop all the way through and on to the floor now,Burnie the pup vented his spleen on 'Lands end clothing'and an offer to get deep into debt so far this week!
Carole.
Chantal
KG Regular

Vivie, It's not the same as the mag, but when I'm sick I do take my laptop to bed with me.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Anonymous

The "Hot tip" re basil on page 21, IF you have to buy basil from the supermarket, take the top 2" from the plants, and put them in a bowl/jug/jam jar of water, and kept in a warmish place, will root very easily, a bit like busy lizzies.

The taking out the tips encourages the original plants to bush out, and for every tip you root you have a new plant. You can keep this going throughout the season. It hardly seems worth buying seed!

valmarg
sue-the-recycler
KG Regular

Despite assurances from a very nice lady on the help line I havent got mine yet - again! :evil: If it doesn't come tomorrow I want my money back!! Strange fact of life that all administration fails but the bit where they take the money from your bank account always works bloody perfectly!

Evidently my March issue (which should've been the first in my subscription) was processed as a "back issue" 3 weeks ago but they ran out of issues in the warehouse :-(
The nice lady on the telephone is going to try an find one for me and send it out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic