Chantal

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Jenny Green
KG Regular

Thanks for your post about the child sized tools at Aldi. I got a little broom, shovel and rake for the little man. Here's to a summer of 'helping'. :D
Chantal
KG Regular

Nice one, hope you both enjoy them.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
runnner

i bought some similar items for my two boys a while back and after being played with for a short time they were soon discarded. i tied the rake onto an old broom handle and find it an extremely useful tool in its own right.
vivie veg
KG Regular

BEWARE OF CHILD LABOUR!

Having purchased similar goods for my daughter (then aged 3) I managed to spend a few hours on a Saturday afternoon in the garden, but when I'd finished weeding etc, I found that my daughter had dug a nice hole in the gravel path and redistributed it to the brick path...and it wasn't normal bricks but 'Stable bricks' with a diamond pattern so that urine can soak away..however these groves trapped the gravel beautifully! Also gravel had been put inside the hole which took the rotory clothes drier ...impossible to get out!
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Lol! Yes, the little man has helpfully uprooted cabbage seedlings and particularly enjoys redistributing the beds over the bark chip path. But the choice between having a 'helper' and getting nothing done at all is no choice!
I would also like to cultivate (ha ha) his enthusiasm for gardening, even if it is at the expense of a few disasters.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

All the misfires will be worth it Jenny when he is a strapping teenager who does your winter digging for you.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
peter
KG Regular

Viv, try a vacuum cleaner with a narrow crevice attachment, if it doesn't "bag it", it should work as a pickup tool. :D
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Viv,
Had a similar experience and used a fine jet on the hose and if you are prepared to get slightly damp or to tell the truth absolutely soaked you shoud be able to jet the stones out.
JB.
nog
KG Regular

long medical tweezers and a lot of time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic