Replacement cartridges

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

My printer has been telling me I need to replace the cartridges for ages but I dont take any notice, because if I had changed it then I bet I would have wasted a quarter of the ink. I have just had to replace the cartridge in my Canon printer. I cannot believe the amount of packaging just to get the tiny little cartridge out. :evil: First there was a well sealed hard clear plastic container which was at leat 6 time the size of the cartridge. I needed to use scissors to cut it open, then a piece of cardboard gave me loads of information about the cartridge, which nobody reads, then there was a little plastic bag which was sealed and needed to be cut open. What a waste of packing. Anyway the plus side is that I can recycle the plastic container to grow seeds on my window sill. :)
Primrose
KG Regular

I always find that if the ink in your printer cartridge starts to get low, if you take it out and shake it around, you get quite a lot more use from it. But I agree with you on the packaging. Never thought of using it as a seed tray. I often use the plastic supermarket containers which contain tomatoes and grapes etc. And this year as I've been using loo rolls for the first time, I've found a cardboard shoe box lined with a plastic bag to stop the bottom getting wet and collapsing was an ideal container for keeping all the rolls in an upright position and carrying them in and out of the house on cold nights from my mini greenhouse.
Catherine
KG Regular

Hi Primrose. Our printer doesnt like me to take the cartridge out and put it back so I just keep clicking the window that tells me to change the cartridge off. Yes I agree loo rolls are useful as long as you dont over water them which is what happened to me last year. I have my family collecting them all year so I have loads to use.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic