lovely day today

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Malk
KG Regular

Lovely toasty day here. Can't do much at 8 months pregnant, but got out and dug and sieved the last load of usable compost into carrot and lettuce beds, weeded a bit of the flowers, threw a few carrot and lettuce seeds down, but really too early to expect much.

Just nice to get out and enjoy the sun.
Welcome to Finland!!
Catherine
KG Regular

We've just had heavy straight down rain in fits and starts today. No hail and it has been very warm today. Hope this is not like last year when March and April was very warm and the rest of the year went to pot.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Nice to see your name back Malk, four weeks to go, ooh eck.

Take care.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Well i'm glad you young Ladies had the hailstones and not me, the thought of my Runner beans, French beans and tomato plants being shredded is unthinkable. :wink:

Well I should get out there with some fleece pretty damn quick OH

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/warnings.asp
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Compo
KG Regular

I had a good day, I got one row of maincrop potatoes in before the rain came, then ended up with boots like platform soles, when I scraped back a trench to put the second row in, still they are all in now and should be poking up in a few weeks.

This time of year is manic, you just can't spend enough time on the jobs. I spent a lot of time sewing seeds, and I have not even looked at things like runner or french beans yet, but hope to get up there for a few hours tonight weather permitting.

This mild weather and rain is better than frosts or high winds though, we can cope with this - me thinks.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Cheers for that Chantal, :evil: and my psychiatrist said i would be best to avoid any shocks. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alan refail
KG Regular

Chantal

Leave OH alone :!:

So much for metcheck's ""warnings"". We are currently in a RED area, experiencing "severe" sunshine.
Chantal
KG Regular

Same here Alan, but there's some nasty looking black clouds round here. It's already rained once and after yesterday I'm taking no chances :wink:

How're your nerves OH? :twisted:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chantal, the nerves are a lot better now i realised that you tricked me by felt-tipping all that red on the weather outlook. :twisted:

Clive.
KG Regular

Another lovely day Sunday..went shopping :roll: ..not at my best in shops...but I was getting into it... Mum came back with a new vacuum cleaner and a little set of Bosch Isio battery shears to replace her 100year old set of sheep shears...for topiary...not sheep :wink:
A type of Helichrysum that I had not seen before and a Convolvulus that we had lost was also on the purchased list..

Stopped at Sibsey Trader Mill on the way home..tea and cakes included...much more my scene :) :wink:

Lawns all mown and edged at work today...

..and 2 deliveries this morning....photo below..

And this evening up in a lovely blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds.. Spitfire T9 MJ627 has been about... :) :)

Clive.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Clive, i would be most interested in what your Mum or yourself for that matter, think to the Bosch Isio battery shears with the hedge trimming attachment on.
I bought one of these last year and although the battery certainly lasted very well, i can not say i was over impressed with the actual cutting.

Maybe i should buy some 100year old sheep shears...for topiary...not sheep :wink:

Clive.
KG Regular

Our Lonicera rabbit/dinosour/kangaroo or whatever he is has just had a first clip with Bosch....I dared to comment that it looked a bit raggety...and was told..that "I am only just getting used to them"...perhaps ask again another day :shock: :? :wink:

must go....Achtung Spitfire.... :)
Primrose
KG Regular

Clive - perhaps your Mum should practice on your hair first !!
Clive.
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Clive - perhaps your Mum should practice on your hair first !!

That would end the shears..with my wirey mop. :shock: :wink: ...but it may save me £5 at Rons.. :) ..or perhaps he would want double to tidy it up :shock: :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Clive, i used mine on Box topiary, and since this is slightly tougher than Lonicera i found it struggled to cut it tight back, and also left it a bit raggerty and not a nice clean cut. :evil:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic