Kitchen Garden Mag web site

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

glallotments
KG Regular

I have recently tried to post a message on the contact us area on the web site in response to a request in the KG magazine asking for news on allotments site regeneration. My message has been rejected and I have now been denied access altogether. - This has happened to me before - has anyone else suffered this or has the site just got something against me? :?:
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Humm - it has to do with our anti-spam feature on our form. It should not stop normal messages - only looking for very rude words or web links.
Do you know what you tried to say in the message?
I notice we currently blocking:
* prescription
* pharmacy

Just in case they appeared in your message.

Are you still locked out of the site? I assume you are using someone elses PC?

Let me know and I'll get it fixed for you

KGAdmin
glallotments
KG Regular

Hi,
I promise that I haven't used any rude words not even prescription or pharmacy! I did add a web link - will this cause me to be blocked. I have since sent my message directing to the email address of Steve Ott.

I can now access the web site but I was on my own PC not someone else's - it seemed that it was just your web site took a dislike to me or my message.

I have had exactly the same problem before and my access was OK again the next day.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Sorry about that - yes it was the 'http://' in the message - Steve did pass on your comment to me, and I said 'Ah ha!'

The reason you can access if the next day is because you're on a 'Dynamic IP' address.
Each time you connect to the internet you are given a unique address. Some people have static addresses (like us here) and some are given an address every time they connect.
There is a small chance you could reconnect using the banned IP address.
If you find you suddenly cannot see the website again - goto www.whatismyip.com and make a note of the IP address shown.

Technical mumble jumble - sorry!

KGAdmin
glallotments
KG Regular

Thanks - I had a feeling it may well be a http ban!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic