lemons

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

carole
KG Regular

I received a lemon tree last christmas and I've managed to produce 10 decent sized fruits. They began to turn yellow a while ago but seem to have gone blotchy as though they have stopped trying to turn.
Does any one know if this is a disease or whether the light levels are just too low. Will they pick up as the nights draw out? :?
peterf
KG Regular

hi carole,not to sure on citrus fruit but im gunna have a look for you,hope that power station is still in tact.only joking peterf. :lol:
peterf
KG Regular

hi carole,after several minutes of fruitless searching and bunches of google searches.im afraid to inform you that you may have been sold a LEMON. :lol:
carole
KG Regular

thanks Peter for looking it up anyway. Maybe I'll keep them on the plant in the hope that something happens!
Vivien
KG Regular

Hi Carol,
Hang on in there - if they are diseased, it's more likely to be mildew that's easy to spot. It could be that it's just a little cold for it now. Our tree tends to flower and fruit continuously, with a main flush of flower in late spring. They are prone to scale insect which you can see on the stems and cause a sooty black mould. If the fruits get over-ripe, they will just fall off.
Good luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic