Roasted Vegetables

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Arnie
KG Regular

Hi :)

Does anyone have a simple roasted vegetable recipe, single portion size please :roll:

Regards

Kevin :wink:
Angi
KG Regular

For one person I would use about two handfuls of prepared veg. For root veg, peel if you want and cut into chunks, about 2cm square. Pop in a dish, drizzle on about 1tbs olive oil, salt and pepper and a sprinkling of fresh or dried herbs. I like thyme or rosemary with roots. Bake at mk7 for 40 ish mins. For softer veg, eg peppers, courgettes, chunk, drizzle and season as before, but use maybe oregano or fresh basil and maybe some chilli flakes and whole garlic cloves. Bake for less time, 20-30 mins. For both, check them halfway through cooking time, turn them and if you want to add some protein add about 1-2tbs fresh grated parmesan. Yummy!
Tiny Tubar
KG Regular

oooh that sounds lovely - going to give it a go.

thanks T.T
Never under estimate the stomach size of a slug.....!
Tigger
KG Regular

Another good one is to put small potatoes, halves of toamto, chunks of peppers and onions, whole mushrooms and anything else you like in a dish, sprinkle on olive oil and bake until just soft, Then add slices of mozzarella and return to the oven for about 5 minutes.

You can vary the veg, or add some spinach as well as mozzarella.
Tiny Tubar
KG Regular

Thanks for that one too, have made a note and I'll give it a go.

T.T
Never under estimate the stomach size of a slug.....!
Primrose
KG Regular

And if you've got any butternut squash or any other winter squashes, they too will roast beautifully. If the skin is tough, leave it on. It will soften during roasting and be easy to remove although we often eat the roasted skin as well. If you can get hold of any Sweet Dumpling squashes (creamy grapefruit size with green streaks) the flesh tastes very similar to roast chestnuts and they are delicious on the own with a little butter and sprinkled with salt.
vivienz
KG Regular

I like butternut squash cut into 2cm chunks, mixed with olive oil, salt, pepper & crushed garlic. Roast at 180C for 25-30 mins. Lovely. If there's any leftover, it makes a great risotto, especially with some fresh sage chucked in. Glad I've had my dinner!
Vivien
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic