Morning Glory (again)

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

I started a thread some months ago asking if Morning Glory were perennials or annuals. Mine regenerated themselves this Spring from last autumn's seeding and have been so prolific, despite the weather, that they've become an embarrassment, intertwining with my climbing beans and into my neighbour's hedge. I've had to yank them all out now because it's almost impossible to prevent the ripened seeds from regenerating. In my garden they're definitely not an annual !!
Jenny Green
KG Regular

What colour are the flowers, Primrose? I'd like to have your problem!
(Formerly known as 'Organic Freak')
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
Primrose
KG Regular

Jenny - they're a lovely deep purple - the same shade as "The President" clematis. I collected some seed from the earlier flowering ones which I no longer need. If you care you PM me your address, I'll happily stick them in an envelope for you.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Yes, thanks, I'll do that. I'd love to have morning glory that just keeps magically reappearing in my garden. From (an extremely poor) memory it sounds like the original species that plagues northern Australia.
(Formerly known as 'Organic Freak')
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic