Try This - Corn on the Cob

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Chez
KG Regular

Take one (or more!)freshly picked, intact sweetcorn -leaves and tassles still attached and cook in the microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 - 3 mins, depending on cob size. Remove and leave to stand for a short time (as they will be very hot), then peel off the unwanted leaves, tassles and stalk. Serve with your choice of butter, seasonings or plain. Faster than boiling, they cook perfectly and the leaves ensure they don't dry out.
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Chez

Try this one. Get a squash, whichever you fancy and prick it all over with a fork. Place in the micro for 3 mins. After 3 mins, take off the top, scoop out seeds and put a spoonful of honey, black pepper and salt to taste then return to the micro for another 2 mins or until flesh is stoft and steaming.

This is great as a snack or quick dinner with a salad or baked spud
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chez
KG Regular

Hello Lizzie - I like the sound of that! My father used to do something similar but with bacon, cheese & breadcrumbs (reminds me I must get the recipe from him).
minky

try dipping the corn on the cob in sweet and sour sauce it's an aquired taste :P but if you like it you lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic