Survey impossible

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Allan
KG Regular

I cannot answer the survey truthfully
I live in England, the land is in Wales
I read all sections, not just one, so question cannot be answered.
The amount spent on the 'hobby' is very variable, depending what is needed.
The gardening isn't to totally organic principles, neither is it totally dependent on chemicals.
I own not just a greenhouse or a polytunnel, but 3 greenhouses, up to 7 polytunnels when all are in use, and a flowhouse which is a sort of hybrid
And so on.
It's just another of the type 'have you stopped beating your wife'.
Sorry, you will have to think again if you want helpful answers from me.
Allan
John
KG Regular

Hello Allan
I'm always more than a little wary of these sorts of surveys even when they dangle an attractive cash prize in front me. I suspect that they are just a cheap way of compiling mailing lists and that if you enter them you are just asking for a load more junk mail in the morning post. The give-away comes at the end of the form:

"On occasion Mortons Media Group Ltd may permit 3rd parties, that we deem to be reputable, to contact you by post/phone/fax/email regarding information relating to current offers of products or services which we believe may be of interest to our readers"

Why else do they want to know family income, number of cars we have, where we spend our holidays, whether I respond to adverts and maybe even which side of the bed I sleep on?

Call me a miserable, cynical old John.

PS By not entering a form perhaps you will have made your posties bag a little lighter!
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Chantal
KG Regular

ALl you have to do is tick the NO box and you won't get anything. What's the problem?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
John
KG Regular

Point taken Chantal.
Though if the whole purpose of these surveys is really to just find out reader's views, why are these disclaimers necessary? Why are they even thinking about passing addresses and phone numbers around?

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Chantal
KG Regular

I've no idea unless it's to profile the respondents. I just missed out the questions I didn't like and still managed to submit. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
KGAdmin
Site Admin

The ending questions about sending information on is for legal data protection purposes (Its your data we are protecting!)

In the last 6 years we have given out 1 - ONE - list of readers (from a different magazine) to a company to allow them to plug their products to - its not something we want to do.

We all know there's nothing worse then getting unwanted mail - but mail from a reputable company such as Mortons DOES mean that if you want it to stop - IT WILL.

Saything this, Mortons as yet does not have the systems in place to send out email offers, so we don't even do that!

We are looking at a system to allow us to email selected readers who wish us to, but as always with a UK company - you have to OPT IN to receiving electronic mail - and can still opt out at any time.

Its a big difference to the horrid unwanted spam that effects us all.

To answer the question of why the survey asks what it does - we use the results (minus ANY personal data) to help promote the benefits of advertising in KG - and folks! - Its advertising that makes the magazine possible.

So please do fill it in, answer only questions you want - and then chose if you'd like us to email you special offers - once we are able to!!

Best

KGAdmin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic