stdent in need please help

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

It seems that I have two apologies to make. First, student11: I’m sorry if you were upset by my rather cranky response to your plea for help. My comments were a reaction to having just endured The Tutor’s Day From Hell, which included several hours of virtually meaningless and certainly pointless quota meetings (any teacher will understand what they entail) and six consecutive tutorials with persistently idle students who all demanded (I use the word intentionally) that I give them extensions to their essay deadlines. If I listed their excuses – one of which, believe it or not, involved a dead goldfish – and explained that I had seen three of them getting legless in the pub the night before, you would better understand why my reaction to your request for help was less than positive. I trust that you have gleaned enough information from your questionnaire to turn in a good piece of work and I wish you good luck in future endeavours.
I should also apologise to Andrew, as he seems to believe that I am some kind of pompous bully looking for an excuse to be rude. Again, I assure you that it was not my intention to attack anyone, yet I seem to have inadvertently sparked off World War Three (as evidenced by some of the intimidatory and vitriolic postings which followed mine). I cannot take responsibility for those people’s actions but I can take responsibility for my own, and I hope you will both be generous and accept an olive branch from a beleaguered tutor who unfortunately suffered a very off day indeed.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

why dont you try being signed off from work since the 18th of dec with optic nuritice,and then finding out you might have m.s.having 4 young children to look after,that you might not be able to cope with in the next few months and a husband who is going through it with you,and then tell ME your going through the day from HELL being a teacher with the Blag excuses from students loosing their goldfish.GET A LIFE YOU VERY SAD GUEST.to every one else on the forum,i'm really sorry for kicking off in the way i did ,but poeple like THIS SO CALLED GUEST REALLY P ME OFF!!!!!! AND THEIR APOLOGY FOR THERE BAD DAY IS NOT REAL.from a VERY MAD grock
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Jackie

Are you sounding off about the Guest or the Secret Guest? If the latter, seems like you fell for The Troublemaker's tactics all over again; if the former, we've all got problems but some of us are more generous and forgiving in spirit than others. Personally, I figure it takes guts and maturity to admit he/she was wrong and offer an apology, all the more so as Andrew (who really should be an impartial administrator and not an opinionated contributor) weighed in against him/her too. Come on Grock, why so much venom?

And there are people out there worse off than you too, Grock...what about those with terminal cancer who won't be around to look after their young children? Those who've have lost their entire families in tragic accidents? The list goes on. It isn't a competition.

Just because it wasn't stated, you don't know what else is going on in 'guest's' life either. Nor should they be obliged to tell you.

Sorry, but I am not great with self-pity, especially when publicly displayed. There is ALWAYS someone worse off.
lizzie
KG Regular

I really don't think there any need for all this. Grock is reacting to something that she feels very strongly about as are other people. As for feeling sorry for herself, she doesn't. There isn't a more positive person that i've met. She has an inate sense of justice and fair play.

People go through things and others help or not, as the case may be.

Can we not let go of all this backbiting? Is it worth it to have a go at others? Life's too short. People can say what they think. I thought we lived in a democracy.

Can things just calm down.
Lots of love

Lizzie

Er and the backbiting started with whose post? So only Grock is allowed to express a strong opinion and anyone who responds to it is backbiting? Pleeeeease. If anyone chooses to express views strongly on a public forum, they must realise they are setting themselves up for a similar response with views that will not necessarily agree with theirs. That's because it is a democracy. The "guest" response to her post was a lot kinder to her than her highly uncharitable response to the "apologising guest". How about a bit of responsibility for one's own actions instead?
student11

i posted my "confused..." reply as a new topic. Sorry! :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic